Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M4H4X, I would like to be added to your "list" for a full set. You say to "DM" you to do so, but I cannot find what "DM" means. Maybe Direct Message ??? I don't see the option to send a message, although I do see a 'Start Conversation' option. Please elaborate.

Reactions: M4H4X
M4H4X, I would like to be added to your "list" for a full set. You say to "DM" you to do so, but I cannot find what "DM" means. Maybe Direct Message ??? I don't see the option to send a message, although I do see a 'Start Conversation' option. Please elaborate.
Yeah, DM means direct message. So you'd use the "start conversation" button like you thought :)

Reactions: Vettepartz
M4HAX, great job again with these. You can take me off the list. My Tesla front flaps arrived today, so I think I’m good.

View attachment 758484

They have about 1” clearance at low suspension setting. The bottom half of the flap is flexible plastic.

No drilling. 5 min install - raise suspension to very high, turn wheel to one side, pop two clips with a flat head driver, install making sure the “flap” on the back of the mud flap grabs the fender liner, install two clips. Do other wheel.
After driving on the OEM ones for four days, they are coming off. When on low suspension, they scrape on regular turns and any change in pavement on the road. Awful.

After driving on the OEM ones for four days, they are coming off. When on low suspension, they scrape on regular turns and any change in pavement on the road. Awful.

Yeah they're clearly junk. I'll be returning mine to the service center. It's really pathetic that Tesla went to such little effort for their flagship car. Tesla, are you reading this? You need to do better!

Has anyone installed these mud flaps from TSportline. Pictures? They have an interesting shape.

Has anyone installed these mud flaps from TSportline. Pictures? They have an interesting shape.
Prices seems ridiculous, given it's held on mostly with tape.

Reactions: Bull
I’m not a fan of the 19 tempest hubcaps. Am I reading correctly that removing the hubcaps decrease range 10%? I like the looks of the rims without hubcaps but adding the center cap and lug nut covers. For those with a blue MS that has done that, want color center cap did you go with?

I’m not a fan of the 19 tempest hubcaps. Am I reading correctly that removing the hubcaps decrease range 10%? I like the looks of the rims without hubcaps but adding the center cap and lug nut covers. For those with a blue MS that has done that, want color center cap did you go with?
I have 'heard' that the range could be reduced by up to 7% if you are driving at highway speeds of 75+ mph. And not much difference if just driving around town.
I don't have a blue one, but here is a red one without the 'caps.

Post-Tint C.jpg

I have 'heard' that the range could be reduced by up to 7% if you are driving at highway speeds of 75+ mph. And not much difference if just driving around town.
I don't have a blue one, but here is a red one without the 'caps.

View attachment 761831
That looks great. I have not seen center caps to match my blue one yet. I might have to go with black. Definitely looks better than the hubcaps. If I decide I care about the range on long trip, can I install the hubcaps on top?

You would have to pull the small center caps out to re-install the original hubcaps. I haven't seen them in blue, but there is always the model paint and brush.
Thanks. Something to think about. We do drive Pennsylvania to Florida several times a year. Normally with a overnight. On rare occasions non stop but only when trying to beat a snowstorm home. I’ll probably wait until I missed not having the extra range, if that ever happens.

Good find. They look really nice. Tape seems like no big deal, since they still factory body pins, just like the Tesla mudflaps do. Wish they had a picture of these installed and would be great for a user review too on how they perform.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc