Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@M4H4X Hello. Any updates on when group 2 will ship?
I start taking payments tomorrow and shipping Wednesday. It will be a bit slower this time -- 2-4 sets per day shipping until all 10 sets are through. Then I'll reassess my extra material and make sure I can get the extra 5 or so sets this time.

The rear have been ready since last week, for the front I wanted to setup a new jig which I finally had time to do today. -- Plan was to ship last week but I just had one of the busiest weeks of the year last week and could not break away.

I wish I could upload photos of the new method for the fronts but there seems to be something wrong with the site at the moment. No attachments are working.

Anyhoo -- I'll update you guys / begin DM'ing tomorrow. If there are any rear-only orders still I can probably ship those tomorrow.

The server gods heard me and uploads are working. Thank you out there in serverland.

Anyhoo here's Flapstation's final form:
station.png

Because I did not want/have the time to spend hours babysitting the CNC I decided to combine the perfected method on the rears with a common woodworking technique of using a template w/ a router table.

The CNC router cut a perfect front template and then I used a flush cut trim bit and bearing to cut out this flap in about 2 minutes. No sanding required.
front.png

rear.png

Anyhoo like I said -- I'll start DM'ing folks tomorrow. Gnite.

I start taking payments tomorrow and shipping Wednesday. It will be a bit slower this time -- 2-4 sets per day shipping until all 10 sets are through. Then I'll reassess my extra material and make sure I can get the extra 5 or so sets this time.

The rear have been ready since last week, for the front I wanted to setup a new jig which I finally had time to do today. -- Plan was to ship last week but I just had one of the busiest weeks of the year last week and could not break away.

I wish I could upload photos of the new method for the fronts but there seems to be something wrong with the site at the moment. No attachments are working.

Anyhoo -- I'll update you guys / begin DM'ing tomorrow. If there are any rear-only orders still I can probably ship those tomorrow.
I’m a rear only order! Thanks!

Got through the first six orders tonight worth of front flaps, as promised. I'm very happy with how accurate the routing table ended up being, but boy did it make a mess.
PXL_20220202_060918094.jpg

PXL_20220202_060740547.jpg

I will begin notifying members now for payment, flap direction, front only vs full set, and shipping details.

Be forewarned however, depending on how the next day goes in my area, your shipment may be a few days late. Texas falls apart in the winter.
Screenshot_20220202-001313~2.png

Got through the first six orders tonight worth of front flaps, as promised. I'm very happy with how accurate the routing table ended up being, but boy did it make a mess.
View attachment 763773
View attachment 763774

I will begin notifying members now for payment, flap direction, front only vs full set, and shipping details.

Be forewarned however, depending on how the next day goes in my area, your shipment may be a few days late. Texas falls apart in the winter.
View attachment 763775
Thanks for the update and DM. Payment sent!

Finalized the first six orders of the next batch this evening.
flaps.jpg

I have enough flaps cut currently to fill another 4 orders, and I believe I have enough material left from that to fill at least 2 -- possibly 3 or 4 more orders. Will know once I break into it in a few days.

Here's the current batch #1 Status:
1643958916386.png

@derichio02 and @jm404 please hit me up with payment/flap instructions within the next few days (i dmed you).

@MFrunkerOG, @deadwynter, @GroovaEV, @Buddha2345, @properly1, @bhzmark, @Mgbjr16 Expect DM's from me within a day or two regarding payment/flap instructions.

Batch #2 is next up to bat:
1643958941585.png

And then future potential in the works:
1643958962594.png

I know it's slow -- but it is what it is. I'm just one guy---with three jobs.

If you're not on the list (Batch #3) -- keep in mind I see your messages and DMs -- When I update the lists I comb back through the DMs and messages and add in order that was asked. So if I don't respond to you -- know that I see your request.

I'll keep everyone updated.

This week has been slowed by the snow. I have gotten to test out the "cyber truck" though.
cyber.jpg

It did pretty well, got about 500 meters of range at -6 C including a lot of doughnuts and general galivanting.

MORE TO FOLLOW