Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What tires is Tesla going to give you? I want some 21" all seasons but it doesn't appear anyone makes all seasons for that size on the refreshed S.
I am running Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on my Plaid. Front size is OEM (265/35/21) and rear is slightly larger diameter from OEM (295/35/21 instead of 295/30/21) but have had absolutely no issues and really great results in cold and snow/ice. Bought from tire rack and have had installed since Xmas.

Reactions: bhzmark
I am running Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on my Plaid. Front size is OEM (265/35/21) and rear is slightly larger diameter from OEM (295/35/21 instead of 295/30/21) but have had absolutely no issues and really great results in cold and snow/ice. Bought from tire rack and have had installed since Xmas.
How much spin do you get (above 60 F) from a dig on an unprepped surface?

Wow that 295/35 tire is 1.1" larger have any pics? How does the sidewall difference look?

Wow that 295/35 tire is 1.1" larger have any pics? How does the sidewall difference look?
PXL_20211231_215615320.jpg

Fills in the well a little nicer. No rub. Haven't dealt with any ABS issues. Speedo seems to be off only by a tiny amount at higher speeds (maybe 1 mph at 60?) but I haven't done any testing on that front other than a simple comparison with another car.

How much spin do you get (above 60 F) from a dig on an unprepped surface?
Surprisingly, not as much as I would have expected moving from the summers. These are not as sticky, of course, and cornering I can feel the difference, but I've not noticed spin from launches. That said, two things: (1) with the summers, it was like glue on the road, I do miss that a little bit and (2) I haven't had a ton of above 60F days to try out, but I've been very happy with the (slight) dropoff from the summers and the increased confidence during our cold and snow here.

I still have my summers (only 250 mi on them) and am seriously debating whether I put them back on in May or just keep the AS. I will probably swap back at least once (why waste basically new tires) but I haven't noticed a real drop off with the AS 4 and that was my argument for going AS instead of pure winter/summer setup. Might also get another set of Arachnids and hold the summers for track days or something.

Side note (or, perhaps, back on topic!) I received the flaps! Thank you @M4H4X - I'll be putting them on when I get a chance.

I have a question for those who bought the Tesla-made mudflaps. Were the lowest section (closest to the ground) made of solid plastic, or made of flexible rubber? I had ordered a set a looooooong time ago, and just now received them. I am wondering if Tesla is making them different now, as the lower section is a flexible rubber piece and might not break so easily.

I have a question for those who bought the Tesla-made mudflaps. Were the lowest section (closest to the ground) made of solid plastic, or made of flexible rubber? I had ordered a set a looooooong time ago, and just now received them. I am wondering if Tesla is making them different now, as the lower section is a flexible rubber piece and might not break so easily.
Flexible .

I ordered them right after they became available. Yes, the lower section is made of flexible rubber. Now if I just had my car...

Remainnig batch #1 guys -- I ran out of hardware. :S I'm ordering more hardware from Carr for the rest of batch 1 -- as well as ordering the supplies for Batch #2. I'm still going to cut the rest of Batch #1's flaps shortly.

ALSO -- I'm showing 9 delivered Batch #1's so far, but no pictures posted here. :'(
Got my flaps yesterday by UPS. Thanks! Not yet fitted as my car doesn’t arrive until the end of this month.

Surprisingly, not as much as I would have expected moving from the summers. These are not as sticky, of course, and cornering I can feel the difference, but I've not noticed spin from launches. That said, two things: (1) with the summers, it was like glue on the road, I do miss that a little bit and (2) I haven't had a ton of above 60F days to try out, but I've been very happy with the (slight) dropoff from the summers and the increased confidence during our cold and snow here.

I still have my summers (only 250 mi on them) and am seriously debating whether I put them back on in May or just keep the AS. I will probably swap back at least once (why waste basically new tires) but I haven't noticed a real drop off with the AS 4 and that was my argument for going AS instead of pure winter/summer setup. Might also get another set of Arachnids and hold the summers for track days or something.

Side note (or, perhaps, back on topic!) I received the flaps! Thank you @M4H4X - I'll be putting them on when I get a chance.
I would keep the AS on year round and just use the summers for the track honestly.

The AS do not throw rocks as much as the Summers, a lot more peace of mind for a few tenths of a second 0-100 is a fair trade in my book.

Reactions: Spyderman09
I would keep the AS on year round and just use the summers for the track honestly.

The AS do not throw rocks as much as the Summers, a lot more peace of mind for a few tenths of a second 0-100 is a fair trade in my book.
Yeah, that's my thinking as well. Save the summers and enjoy them when tracking.

Just drove home through a snowstorm and I'm reminded the grip on the AS4 is really, really good for an AS. But, snowstorm means I may have to way a day or so to install the flaps, which I was really looking forward to doing tonight.

Thanks so much for the feedback. I've been concerned about my summer tires during the winter and was considering just getting a second winter set but I'd really like to just get a set of all seasons to keep on year round. I was afraid going to the larger size in the back would cause clearance issues. The summer tires are super tacky and honestly I think a bit too tacky for my daily commute. They pickup the smallest rocks and sling them on the car. Main reason I came to this thread, looking for mudflaps to help with this issue.

@M4H4X can you please add me to the list? Looks great! Thanks!

Remainnig batch #1 guys -- I ran out of hardware. :S I'm ordering more hardware from Carr for the rest of batch 1 -- as well as ordering the supplies for Batch #2. I'm still going to cut the rest of Batch #1's flaps shortly.

ALSO -- I'm showing 9 delivered Batch #1's so far, but no pictures posted here. :'(
My plan was to install them a month ago, but then my car went into the shop for almost 4 weeks. Ugh! I got my baby back a week ago, then I threw out my back that same day. I am in no condition to bed down on the ground, let alone remove a wheel.

Reactions: M4H4X