Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then they should delete all pictures here :D
I gonna follow the design here and combine the tesla oem mounting (based on the manual), and open source it to the community

Hopefully to use the existing holes to secure it without any drilling, maybe need to make new plastic pin to replace the original one

Well that's kinda crappy. Dude is doing everyone a service at a reasonable price. We're all S and Plaid owners here, not poor, let the man make a profit.

Well he has stated a few times in this thread that he's not doing this to make money, so he might be open to sharing. But let's leave that to him and not make any presumptions.
This.

IMG_20220318_112223378.jpg
IMG_20220318_112208245.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220318_112235247.jpg
    IMG_20220318_112235247.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20220318_112257304.jpg
    IMG_20220318_112257304.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: jebinc
My PPF didn't protect at all from the rock chips on the side, i had to bring the car back to the PPF shop to redone the rear side, but the damage was done. I had to make in a day some mud guards to prevent it to get worse. I've seen all the posts here and luckily, i'm a bit handy.

When to canadian tire to buy the generic mud guards and trace a template for the front and rear wheel wells. I've made sure that the front one protude a half inch to cover the width of the tire. U clips (3) to grab the side of the fender and using one new push in fastener to hold it. I use a small galvanized U clip to grab the inner side. The back was done in the same manner. It is temporarely waiting for the professionnal one available, but it held quite strudy.

To trace the template, simply use transparent plastic cover for office use. Stick it on the wheel well with tape and use a sharpy to trace the lining and transfert it to the universal mud guard. It will look like what the template posted here, but instead of making one U tab, i make 3 for the front and 2 for the back to grab on the fender.

PS : i don't want to start making these mug guards to sell, my point is if you are handy, you can make some very good temporarely one.

Reactions: jebinc
For those who wants to take some, here is the parts i've used :

Premier-Fit Universal Splashguard, Black, 2-pk from canadian tire. Use the type B for larger width.​

You will have to change the push in fastener for a longer one since it will have to accept the guard thickness also.

Cost : 17.00 can for the universal mud guards (pair)

Galvanized strapping :
1647805960658.png

Reactions: GroovaEV and jebinc
You mean other than Tesla's OEM flaps?
Yes. Those look awful and I read the comments on them that they scrape and can be torn off. So yeah, I’m gonna avoid those. I might try them if nothing else exists. I don’t care for the look of any of the flat ones. I’ve had the cheap Chinese ones on both Model 3 and Model X and they looked and performed great.

Does anyone know of molded type of mudflap available.

I'd like to get something like this, but these are for pre refresh.

TAPTES Mud Flaps for 2012-2020 Tesla Model S, Set of 4pcs
Im looking for the exact same/similiar. I have the fronts of that type (from ebay but exact same design/style) on my wifes Y, and it greatly eliminates maybe..80% of the splash from getting up onto the rockers/doors but while also not looking to obtrusive.

I even purchased a set of the pre refresh model S version of those that you listed on the hopes that the fronts would fit, but no such luck. Hoping someone makes a set soon.

Reactions: mswlogo
please make sure that you have 2 inchs of flap, that is what i've calculated comparing from most cars. The point is to prevent rocks to lift high enough to hit the rear fender and to prevent water splash. With 2 inchs, you are sure not to scape the ground, even in the lowest suspension setting.

please make sure that you have 2 inchs of flap, that is what i've calculated comparing from most cars. The point is to prevent rocks to lift high enough to hit the rear fender and to prevent water splash. With 2 inchs, you are sure not to scape the ground, even in the lowest suspension setting.
2 inches measured from the bottom of the rocker panel to the bottom of the flap?