Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These were the main spots, where it tore the PPF. 2 on the left (well, the big one has 3 other spots close to it) , one on the right. It's worth noting I'm running 285s on the front, which are pretty flush, so the flaps prob aren't providing the protection I need.

View attachment 790731
View attachment 790732View attachment 790733
Those are some pretty big divots in the PPF. I'm hoping the cause is related to your larger front tires. I'm guessing it would be a lot worse without the flaps though.

Those are some pretty big divots in the PPF. I'm hoping the cause is related to your larger front tires. I'm guessing it would be a lot worse without the flaps though.
It would have been. See my cross-post on my PPF damage after only 4000kms without mud flaps.... (stock 19" tires even)

Reactions: Bull
Yeah, they raised the price ;)

Seriously though, I will be curious on what you think once you have them.
Installed the TSportline flaps this afternoon. Pros: Went on easily and should have no problem staying put, Carbon fiber looks good. Cons: Expensive (250.00), Small with very minimal coverage. Conclusion: If you want real protection look elsewhere.

I gave up waiting for other options and went with the factory ones. If they drag, I'll just be careful. I can't run my suspension in low anyway thanks to all the dips in the roads here anyway. That seems to be the biggest complaint is with them dragging.

On the flip side, that means they are likely covering more. I don't even want to get on the throttle hard as I can hear the crap being flung up from the front wheels. I don't want to sandblast the car because of it. So hopefully the Tesla ones will work well for me and if not, better than nothing until I have good/great options available.

Congrats! Update your sig. ;)

Yes, I seem to hear everything. That is why I want mudflaps ASAP. Don't know what tires you have but I have the 19" all seasons and feels like they fling a lot of crap up. It is painful to hear if I am accelerating hard.

Congrats! Update your sig. ;)

Yes, I seem to hear everything. That is why I want mudflaps ASAP. Don't know what tires you have but I have the 19" all seasons and feels like they fling a lot of crap up. It is painful to hear if I am accelerating hard.
I got the upgraded wheels, the car sounds like a tincan. its embarrasing to be honest. I thought I had missing wheel liners.

I avoided the 21's. Didn't see any benefit to them and a range hit. I planned to go with aftermarket wheels I really liked.

Check to make sure you aren't missing anything in the wheelwell. My Y/3 are a lot quieter with respect to stuff being thrown up than the S. This is most obvious when hard on the throttle. At cruise the S is quieter overall.

• Love
Reactions: jebinc and t00taloo
My factory ones are doing fine. Yes, they scrape over big bumps, but the bottom half of them is very flexible so they just bend. I don’t think there’s any concern about them ripping off.
I have Tesla ones coming too. Not thrilled how they look. Maybe better in person.

I’m so glad my car is MSM though. Probably the best color for them to not stand out so much. I would think they would look more hideous on White or Red.

I have noticed some 3rd parties offer white mudflaps for white cars.

I have Tesla ones coming too. Not thrilled how they look. Maybe better in person.

I’m so glad my car is MSM though. Probably the best color for them to not stand out so much. I would think they would look more hideous on White or Red.

I have noticed some 3rd parties offer white mudflaps for white cars.

Strong reminder to cut at least 2" off the bottom of the OEM flaps. I cut off about 1" and still scrapped in hard corners with suspension on low. And on every speed bump. They eventually were ripped off the car (zero damage, thankfully)

Strong reminder to cut at least 2" off the bottom of the OEM flaps. I cut off about 1" and still scrapped in hard corners with suspension on low. And on every speed bump. They eventually were ripped off the car (zero damage, thankfully)
I’ve had mud flaps that scrap on speed bumps before. And they were OEM and all rigid. But screwed on. I think it was our VW CC.

Just received the OEM mud flaps. Are these shorter than before (i.e. have they fixed the length issue)?

PXL_20220416_204015449.jpg