Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received the OEM mud flaps. Are these shorter than before (i.e. have they fixed the length issue)?

I think they are still the same. Received mine yesterday and was an easy install. They still scrape in some parts of the road when driving. Leaving them on for now and see how often it does that long term. Still can’t believe there is nothing else out there. At least Tesla did a good job of not requiring to drill holes to install.

My additional intent for adding the flaps were to prevent the tire dressing from being flung all over the door panels of the white car.
I received them today and installed it now and drove through my neighborhood school parking lot which has a few average speed breakers. These flaps scraped every one of them. Also scrapes when turning on a road which has a dip. I am going to cut off an inch along the line you can see in the photo and try later. But I would not buy them again. Also one of the clips broke. I need to go to service center to get a replacement.
5EED06B0-AA93-4697-B407-9A3897F19EF3.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GroovaEV
I just got my Tesla flap. Curious to see if they are as "bad" as everyone says. For me the complaint that most people seem to have is the stock ones are too low.

To me that just means more coverage, which is why I want them in the first place. I have so many dips in the road that I need to have the suspension adjustment on speed dial to accommodate them all. I am more worried about the nose smacking into them. If I see speed bumps that might be an issue for the flaps, I'll slow down, hit the raise and remember mode, on the suspension and go on my way.

The rest of the time hopefully the flaps will keep a lot of crap off the car (as intended). I'd rather have them too long and be able to trim them than to be too short and pretty much worthless.

I still want something for the rear and hope AOSK will have something soon that I like for front and rear. May end up with the stock one up front and AOSK in the rear. I absolutely avoid getting hard on the throttle as it showers the car in debris so missing out on a lot of the fun the can can provide.

Reactions: mikemi
I just got my Tesla flap. Curious to see if they are as "bad" as everyone says. For me the complaint that most people seem to have is the stock ones are too low.

To me that just means more coverage, which is why I want them in the first place. I have so many dips in the road that I need to have the suspension adjustment on speed dial to accommodate them all. I am more worried about the nose smacking into them. If I see speed bumps that might be an issue for the flaps, I'll slow down, hit the raise and remember mode, on the suspension and go on my way.

The rest of the time hopefully the flaps will keep a lot of crap off the car (as intended). I'd rather have them too long and be able to trim them than to be too short and pretty much worthless.

I still want something for the rear and hope AOSK will have something soon that I like for front and rear. May end up with the stock one up front and AOSK in the rear. I absolutely avoid getting hard on the throttle as it showers the car in debris so missing out on a lot of the fun the can can provide.

The issue is they don't just scrape - they will get ripped off the car. It happened to me. Thankfully I caught it right when it happened so no damage.

Is there a better method than tapping the car > suspension > scroll down > scroll suspension to high? This would be a lot easier if there was just a button on the screen I could tap to temporarily raise the suspension.

• Informative
Reactions: GroovaEV and SDRick
The issue is they don't just scrape - they will get ripped off the car. It happened to me. Thankfully I caught it right when it happened so no damage.

Is there a better method than tapping the car > suspension > scroll down > scroll suspension to high? This would be a lot easier if there was just a button on the screen I could tap to temporarily raise the suspension.
There is. Main screen has a "raise suspension" button.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc