Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well not on the bottom bar but from the main screen once you hit the car button or swipe over. If you don't see it I'll get a pic later.

I went and looked, you're correct it's there, but you can't move it to the main screen like the seat/yoke heat and controls. Still requires going into the menu, but easier than the way I was doing it previously. Thanks for the tip

Reactions: Mac13
I went and looked, you're correct it's there, but you can't move it to the main screen like the seat/yoke heat and controls. Still requires going into the menu, but easier than the way I was doing it previously. Thanks for the tip
I feel your pain. I raise my suspension at every possible thing I think I could scrape on. Better to be safe then sorry. I haven't mounted my flaps yet but wonder if I'll have issues at speed bumps and stuff since I always raise the suspension.

I feel your pain. I raise my suspension at every possible thing I think I could scrape on. Better to be safe then sorry. I haven't mounted my flaps yet but wonder if I'll have issues at speed bumps and stuff since I always raise the suspension.
I raise my car often at speed bumps and other dips...the flaps will still sometimes scrape but so far they are still in place since mid Jan. Not thrilled they scrape as easily as they do, but it's better than rock chips everywhere.

I raise my car often at speed bumps and other dips...the flaps will still sometimes scrape but so far they are still in place since mid Jan. Not thrilled they scrape as easily as they do, but it's better than rock chips everywhere.
How hard are they to install and how long did it take? I'm planning on washing my car today and may try and install them.

My additional intent for adding the flaps were to prevent the tire dressing from being flung all over the door panels of the white car.
I received them today and installed it now and drove through my neighborhood school parking lot which has a few average speed breakers. These flaps scraped every one of them. Also scrapes when turning on a road which has a dip. I am going to cut off an inch along the line you can see in the photo and try later. But I would not buy them again. Also one of the clips broke. I need to go to service center to get a replacement.View attachment 795114
mnpT Get a Tuf Shine kit. It’s a coating that bonds with the rubber and it works great. Need to spend some time getting the tires perfectly clean with the enclosed cleaner. I use Detailed Image for all my auto needs. You will not be disappointed.

Last edited:
Reactions: mnpT
I just got my Tesla ones for the front. Will install this weekend and see how they work for me. I'll wait see and if AOSK can deliver something soon. I don't want to go with Rally Car mudflaps. I already had a WRX and still have the t-shirt. ;)

At this point I'd say unfortunately he is done and I'd find something else. I mean he sold his Model S so not much incentive to keep doing it.
I would think if he was done, he would at least post it here. And I’d be surprised as it seemed he had just completed some retooling to speed up production.
If he’s no longer interested, why not hand it off to someone who is?

Thanks - I am going to try it. Have been frustrated with the dressing flings due to the wider tires.
my experience with reducing (almost to elimination) sling over many years, has come down to this:

- Tire Surface must be squeaky clean with no leftover tire shine from previous applications. Power washer is GREAT for blasting tires clean. Just dont aim at the wheel as the pressure could potentially damage wheel finish. If no power washer, degreaser and brush and rinse thoroughly. Either way, tire surface must be clean.
- If using a spray shine (I like Meguiars Hot Shine), ONLY one thin coating. Resist the urge to do more than just one steady spray around the whole tire while moving in one circle. Bottom line: Regardless of product or method of application, The more you have on the tire of any product, chances of sling goes up accordingly. Yes, I know the gloss goes up with more product, but the sling will then happen just as much.
-If possible, let the car sit overnight before driving.

DOing the above greatly decreased my sling, regardless of product.

Just received my OEM flaps.
Looks like same PN 1703882-00-A

Now to decide if I want to cut them first...

Attachments

• 20220420_123845.jpg
    20220420_123845.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 20220420_124759.jpg
    20220420_124759.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 138