Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is your car lowered (lowering links or something)? I cut 3/4” off and havent noticed a scrape yet. But maybe I am not driving hard enough due to my fear of the Safety Score dropping. Lol

See attached for how it is now, on low suspension. This is about 2" cut off. Totally stock everything, 19” wheels.

To recap. Out of the box these things literally almost touched the ground on low. I cut off 1" or so, still scraped even when cornering in the mountains which probably removed 1/4"-1/2" of material. Then they got ripped off on a speed bump. Then I cut off another 3/4-1" and they still occasionally scrape on low.

So in total at least 2” needs cut off. Note that I'm super familiar with sports cars and low vehicles, I am ultra careful on speed bumps and inclines, trying to go at an angle when possible and don’t brake over speed bumps causing the car to crash down.

Attachments

• IMG_7006.jpg
    IMG_7006.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: chrisdh79
I just installed mine at the stock length with 19"s and occasionally scrape. What you guys think of my hopeful theory that eventually the scraping will wear down the soft plastic to the perfect length?
I think that would take a lot of scrapes. The scraping wouldn't be as big of an issue (to me) if it didnt amplify in the car and sound bad. I think the amount you need to remove depends on 1) what suspension level you drive at 2) how spirited you corner 3) your terrain.

As I previously mentioned, I cut 3/4" and haven't heard a scrape since..but I am working on my safety score for FSD beta, so I am not even close to driving in a spirited manor (for now).

Here is a list of all voice commands (and yes, suspension is one of them). However it says "recognized but not implemented."

Interesting. So it hears you, recognizes the command, then tells you, “I understand you would like me to raise the suspension but I’m not able to execute that procedure at this time”?

Hopefully they will get that fixed before intake delivery, whenever that might happen.

Wow I had no idea you could do that with voice. Voice commands overall suck. Seems like they never work.
What year car and are you on MCU2? Before I got MCU2 on my 2017, the voice commands always took too long and timed out. Went to MCU2, and that solved the issue. With the Model S refresh? The voice commands work about 99% of the time for me

What year car and are you on MCU2? Before I got MCU2 on my 2017, the voice commands always took too long and timed out. Went to MCU2, and that solved the issue. With the Model S refresh? The voice commands work about 99% of the time for me
Have a 2022. It just seems like it doesn't recognize the commands or I have to talk super slow like a robot. Maybe my mic is messed up or maybe I just need to look at the list of commands to see what is possible.

I installed mine last week. Usually drive on medium height and so far no scraping. They sit about 1 3/4’above the ground
I installed mine today.

I keep my car on medium too but who knows how quickly it will raise coming off the highway (which is always low). Also need to watch out on speed bumps. So I took 1 inch off. I tested on speed bumps and no scraping (on medium height).

I installed mine today.

I keep my car on medium too but who knows how quickly it will raise coming off the highway (which is always low). Also need to watch out on speed bumps. So I took 1 inch off. I tested on speed bumps and no scraping (on medium height).
Didn’t realize that it switches to low when set on medium. I’ll check back after I drive down to the tulip festival in Pella Iowa. Lots of interstate driving.