Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I like carbon fiber, it is more from a functional rather than a decorative perspective. I'd prefer to use CF where it really makes sense or to improve strength while saving weight. For things like a spoiler, steering wheel trim, interior decoration, mud flaps, etc. I think it is just a total waste of the material. Factor in it is very difficult to recycle and I'd rather use it where it really has significant benefits other than just bling.

Reactions: mswlogo and jm404
While I like carbon fiber, it is more from a functional rather than a decorative perspective. I'd prefer to use CF where it really makes sense or to improve strength while saving weight. For things like a spoiler, steering wheel trim, interior decoration, mud flaps, etc. I think it is just a total waste of the material. Factor in it is very difficult to recycle and I'd rather use it where it really has significant benefits other than just bling.

You do know it is the CF trim and seat piping on the Plaid that gives it the extra speed and not the third motor?

You do know it is the CF trim and seat piping on the Plaid that gives it the extra speed and not the third motor?
As a plaid owner, I'm sick of the misinformation and lack of clarity being put out there re the CF trim and its effect on speed. Sorry, I have to correct you even though you may have been joking. The CF doesn't give any extra speed.

It's the seat piping.

As a plaid owner, I'm sick of the misinformation and lack of clarity being put out there re the CF trim and its effect on speed. Sorry, I have to correct you even though you may have been joking. The CF doesn't give any extra speed.

It's the seat piping.

I have to agree kind of... LR owners have put the CF and it has not decreased 0-60 by itself. I am not aware of any LR owners who have put in the piping. I think it will prove out to be the combination of the two.

• Funny
Reactions: impastu
I have to agree kind of... LR owners have put the CF and it has not decreased 0-60 by itself. I am not aware of any LR owners who have put in the piping. I think it will prove out to be the combination of the two.
Hmm. You may be on to something, but just too many variables. For example, if we're being technical, are you excluding the plaid badge? I can't imagine how you go faster having the seat piping but not the badge to actually notify the car to unlock the speed.

I'll work on rear sets now, as of now fronts are completely done and available for ordering :)

I'll work on rear sets now, as of now fronts are completely done and available for ordering :)

Thanks! Do these come with the double sided tape? Assuming they do.

If you are paying $150 for just a set of front mud flaps, I would hope they are included and something higher end like the 3m tape. At least they seem to offer more protection than the Tsportline ones which seem pretty much worthless from a protection standpoint.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS and DBV1

The flaps do not come with double sided tape attached, you can use as much or as little as you want on your personal vehicle. I recommend 1/2" 3M VHB tape, and to mount the tape onto the car (not the flap) so you know every possible surface of the car that can grip the flap is indeed gripping it. Mount the flap with the OEM push pin, then spin it up onto the fender to see what length of tape you will need to apply to the fender. Cut tape to length, apply it, then permanently mount the flap.

The flaps do not come with double sided tape attached, you can use as much or as little as you want on your personal vehicle. I recommend 1/2" 3M VHB tape, and to mount the tape onto the car (not the flap) so you know every possible surface of the car that can grip the flap is indeed gripping it. Mount the flap with the OEM push pin, then spin it up onto the fender to see what length of tape you will need to apply to the fender. Cut tape to length, apply it, then permanently mount the flap.
Ah bummer, I was hoping it came with double sided tape. Now I have to order the tape you are recommending, I assume Amazon sells it?

Thanks - I wish they came with the tape. For the price, I think it should be included and makes it easier when everything comes together.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Thanks - I wish they came with the tape. For the price, I think it should be included and makes it easier when everything comes together.

I have these dropshipped from my manufacturer, so no way to have him include tape in the packages, he is only making/shipping the guards for me. If I included tape I'd have to up the cost about $20-$25, figured most already have double sided 3M around the house and would appreciate the cost savings. Also, I recommend installing the tape on the car (not the guard) first, just to ensure all possible surface points are being contacted with the guard.

Reactions: mswlogo
I guess it’s how folks drive. Maybe which tires too. Because I’m not seeing anything on the rear, which I was surprised to see. No PPF and does not even get dirty.

Zero launches and typically cruise at 65 mph. My lifetime is 248 wh/mi. 19” summer tires.

I would think cruising speed matters more than launches. Unless your launches are 1/4 mile runs well over 100 mph.