Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed my Vipertoad mudfflaps. I think they look great compared to others I have seen. I like them because they aren’t as big as most and not as small as the Tsportline ones. Install was easy but would have been nice if double sided tape was included for the price of these and one clip would have been better as well given the contour of the area it attaches to. Without the clip I’m wondering if the tape by itself will hold them long term. Here are some pics. View attachment 820894View attachment 820896

Thank you for the review! I don't include tape with them to keep cost down, and to quicken production time from my manufacturer in California who dropships these for me. I figure very many already have 3M VHB double sided tape in their toolbox / shed, and could appreciate saving say $25-$30 vs. my manufacturer adding the tape.

In the future, I do plan to come out with a full set front/rear. You will be able to purchase front/rear independently, or as a set.

Thanks!

Reactions: Laddcruzer
Thank you for the review! I don't include tape with them to keep cost down, and to quicken production time from my manufacturer in California who dropships these for me. I figure very many already have 3M VHB double sided tape in their toolbox / shed, and could appreciate saving say $25-$30 vs. my manufacturer adding the tape.

In the future, I do plan to come out with a full set front/rear. You will be able to purchase front/rear independently, or as a set.

Thanks!
As I mentioned before I wasn’t sure how well just the double sided tape would hold the mudguards to the fender and I happened to find some old metal clips that I had leftover from my ZL1 mudguards for my old Durango SRT. They work perfectly and seem to hold the mudguards on pretty well. I checked their website and they sell them cheap at $1 for 4 clips. Problem solved.

I have an untouched set of the original mudflaps made by M4H4X. I was one of the first batches. I injured my back and didn't have the energy to intall them, and ultimately decided I didn't really need them due to my mostly city driving. $120.00 including shipping. $110 if you are in the LA area and want to pick up.

Reactions: scrapps
Has anyone tried these?

Has anyone tried these?

Those pretty clearly do not provide enough protection.

The ones made by @M4H4X in the post above yours are still the best. Grab that set if they are still available.

As I mentioned before I wasn’t sure how well just the double sided tape would hold the mudguards to the fender and I happened to find some old metal clips that I had leftover from my ZL1 mudguards for my old Durango SRT. They work perfectly and seem to hold the mudguards on pretty well. I checked their website and they sell them cheap at $1 for 4 clips. Problem solved.

Those are pretty cool, good to know that they work well with my guards!

I ordered the oem flaps and have them in hand now. Just got car back from full ppf. Install or not? I'd rather not have them ripped off the car and any possible damage.
I would install them to protect the PPF. Definitely better than nothing. If they are too close to the ground some people have been trimming up to an inch off the bottom edge.

Reactions: mswlogo