Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Nerdy Nitty Gritty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm new to the group so I apologize if these questions have been asked before. I've searched around on other posts, but couldn't find the answers I'm looking for. I’m a very curious nerd and I want to geek out on specifics. Full disclosure, I am a Tesla fan. There is no hate or malice intended in this post; it's just a vague malaise stemming from my own impatience and unrequited desire to love my future car.

Is there any source for "Truth Data" about the specific details of the Model S Refresh? For example:
The 10 teraflop gaming computer: Can I connect wireless PS4 controllers? Xbox controllers? Custom, vegan leather, hand-stitched controllers with a Tesla logo as the home button? Any technical details on the Operating System that drives the gaming experience?
Will the rear display have full functionality while the car is in drive? Can my kids watch Netflix and play Witcher instead of enriching themselves with scenic views and deep, personal introspection while I drive on road trips? Will it at least shut them up for a minute? Can I climb in the back with them while on autopilot to play "Beach Buggy Racing 2"? (Too soon?)

The 22-speaker, 960-watt audio system with active noise canceling: Any specs on the brand of speakers, amplifiers and audiophile nerdery? Any reviews of the sound quality as compared to the premium audio systems of previous Model S builds? Has anyone seen or read about the science of noise canceling in such a large space? I have a layman’s understanding of how noise cancelling works in headphones, but not in the best-in-class roominess of this sedan. Will the noise cancelling attenuate the volume of the aforementioned children in the back?

Will the $600 premium all-weather, Tesla brand, Model S floor/trunk mats that I prematurely bought back in Feb, when I thought I’d have the car in March even fit the refresh?

HEPA filtration BioWeapon Defense mode??? Is that really a thing, or did the “Good Idea Fairy” just sprinkle pixie dust on Mr. Musk during a marketing meeting?

Like I said, I’m a curious person. I have questions. And I am no match for Tesla at playing the “I have a secret” game. They win every time.

Not sure anyone has been in the car yet that can give you such feedback. I am sure the 22 speakers will treat you well. Yes the HEPA does work very as I travel the fields being burned across WY and ID.

Elon sprinkles pixie dust on my Cheerios. That is why I arrive so chipper every morning to my work colleagues. So I assume the refresh would treat you the same.

With the audio, you might wind up with just 19 of the promised 22 speakers and 650 of the promised 960 watts.
For the gaming computer, you might only get about 8 Teraflops of processing power.
This is based on the original "85" kWh batteries and P85D's "691" HP.

In all seriousness, no one has driven one yet, so there's no definite answer, and until the cars exist, Tesla specs have been known to be a little fluid.

Reactions: aerodyne