Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered my 2021 Model S LR and would like to start getting ready for delivery. Normally on a new car purchase you see a window sticker that shows every little thing that is included with the car (usually overkill). But I cannot find anything from Tesla. Looking for help from the group, does it come with floor mats, charger etc. What should I be purchasing for accessories. I usually always go with all weather floor mats on all my new vehicles.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

I just ordered my 2021 Model S LR and would like to start getting ready for delivery. Normally on a new car purchase you see a window sticker that shows every little thing that is included with the car (usually overkill). But I cannot find anything from Tesla. Looking for help from the group, does it come with floor mats, charger etc. What should I be purchasing for accessories. I usually always go with all weather floor mats on all my new vehicles.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck
Congrats on the purchase of one of the best large sedan EV's on the market!

Yes the car comes with floor mats and a charger for the car. You will have to hire an electrician to install a charger (faster charging) or a 240 V Nema 14-50 plug (slower charging) if you want to charge your car at home - which is the most convenient way as you don't have to visit any superchargers (except on trips ofcourse).

The car also comes with 4 wireless chargers for phones.

Reactions: croman
a 240 V Nema 14-50 plug (slower charging) if you want to charge your car at home

One thing to note that was not made clear to me, the charger that comes with the car does not come with the NEMA 14-50 plug. It only comes with the NEMA 5-15p (standard US outlet). Ordering the adapter took about three weeks to get.

It was frustrating. I would have happily ordered one up while I was waiting for the car.

Reactions: cwanja and SilverGS
One thing to note that was not made clear to me, the charger that comes with the car does not come with the NEMA 14-50 plug. It only comes with the NEMA 5-15p (standard US outlet). Ordering the adapter took about three weeks to get.

It was frustrating. I would have happily ordered one up while I was waiting for the car.
Very good point. Mine came with it (I have a 2016) and I forgot that newer Tesla's don't come with the plug.

@ctate_us Here is the plug you will need - choose the 14-50

Reactions: CorneliusRox

Stock price matters far too much nowadays... It costs Tesla 5 bucks to include the adapter and 10 cents for a proper moisture sensor for the auto wiper.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck
The car will come with a Monroney sticker (window sticker) since it's required by law. But just like any other car, you won't get it until you take delivery.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck
I too am a first time Tesla customer and have ordered the LR Model S. There is nothing that clearly indicates what comes with the car.
I ordered mats and a wall charger as they popped up on the order screen as good additions. I have no idea if I get:
14-50 adapter (do not really need but want for travel) So I ordered one
Regular floor mats- they are not listed on the site
Want center wheel cap covers as I wanted the standard 19" wheels- do not see them for purchase- do they come with it under the covers?
How many keys do I actually get actual fobs as my wife will have nothing to do with a card or phone as a key?
What else does it actually come with?

The car will come with a Monroney sticker (window sticker) since it's required by law. But just like any other car, you won't get it until you take delivery.
My Model 3 did not come with any window paper like any other car I've ever bought. Either the Service Center took it off and threw it in the garbage, or maybe that's a state-to-state law?

I too am a first time Tesla customer and have ordered the LR Model S. There is nothing that clearly indicates what comes with the car.
I ordered mats and a wall charger as they popped up on the order screen as good additions. I have no idea if I get:
14-50 adapter (do not really need but want for travel) So I ordered one
Regular floor mats- they are not listed on the site
Want center wheel cap covers as I wanted the standard 19" wheels- do not see them for purchase- do they come with it under the covers?
How many keys do I actually get actual fobs as my wife will have nothing to do with a card or phone as a key?
What else does it actually come with?

If it's just for travel, I don't know if you'll really need a 14-50 adapter. Unless you're going to a friend's house and you know they have a plug, you're unlikely to ever find one of these outlets by chance. The 5-15p is a common US outlet style and should charge 3-5 miles of range per hour, so pretty limited, but would work in a bind. Otherwise there's destination chargers and Super Chargers I'd lean on. The reality is, the Super Charger network isn't big enough yet. I can't drive my car from MN (my house) to Detroit (my parents) through the UP because a lack of infrastructure. It's a bummer, but not the end of the world. It'll be there in 2-5 years I'm sure.
Your car should come with floor mats (carpet style ones, they're pretty good).

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
My Model 3 did not come with any window paper like any other car I've ever bought. Either the Service Center took it off and threw it in the garbage, or maybe that's a state-to-state law?

If it's just for travel, I don't know if you'll really need a 14-50 adapter. Unless you're going to a friend's house and you know they have a plug, you're unlikely to ever find one of these outlets by chance. The 5-15p is a common US outlet style and should charge 3-5 miles of range per hour, so pretty limited, but would work in a bind. Otherwise there's destination chargers and Super Chargers I'd lean on. The reality is, the Super Charger network isn't big enough yet. I can't drive my car from MN (my house) to Detroit (my parents) through the UP because a lack of infrastructure. It's a bummer, but not the end of the world. It'll be there in 2-5 years I'm sure.
Your car should come with floor mats (carpet style ones, they're pretty good).
You won't get fobs. Also, I really don't like the fobs when comparing it to any other fob I've had from other cars.

Good luck!
Well I am dissapointed in lack of fobs- they show it on the intro vids and include it in the manual. As for the 14-50 I have friends with them and I plan to have one put in my parents house for arrival charging. They are about a half hour ride from a supercharger and it is easier to just charge when I arrive. They live about 380 miles away.

Well I am dissapointed in lack of fobs- they show it on the intro vids and include it in the manual. As for the 14-50 I have friends with them and I plan to have one put in my parents house for arrival charging. They are about a half hour ride from a supercharger and it is easier to just charge when I arrive. They live about 380 miles away.
I discussed with Tesla- yes 2 fobs and 2 cards are included.

2021 Model S LR, took delivery 7/13/21 and I received 2 key cards and 1 fob. Only 1 fob. I asked at delivery for a second fob and they said "only get one." FWIW - we have been using the "Phone Key" option where phone (iPhone 11 in my case) works exactly as or better than(?) fob. Without taking phone out of pocket or any interaction, it auto triggers door unlock on approach, auto triggers driver profile settings, etc. So, while I was not happy to receive only one fob, I now don't even carry a fob with me. Set up my wife's phone the same way. We both carry the key cards in our wallets as a back up, but phones are now our keys and have worked flawlessly these first few weeks. Also, for valet, gave the valet the key card and set vehicle to valet mode.

Reactions: ctate_us