Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh - Push Center to Honk on Yoke?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went out and tested it and it's working fine for me. You need to keep your hand flat, which is more natural, not cupped. Works reliably every time for me. This is 2022 LR, but I doubt it's any different for any other Yoke-equipped Tesla.

I suspect the software is looking to detect all three buttons sensed at about the same time. With a cupped hand, you may miss one of the buttons.
Did it spray windshield?

I just went out and tested it and it's working fine for me. You need to keep your hand flat, which is more natural, not cupped. Works reliably every time for me. This is 2022 LR, but I doubt it's any different for any other Yoke-equipped Tesla.

I suspect the software is looking to detect all three buttons sensed at about the same time. With a cupped hand, you may miss one of the buttons.
Exactly.

Nope. Never has. Used the horn at least 8 times. Maybe it requires the right-sized hands? :)
Well I just tested it, given I'm about to wash car 🙂 Placing hand flat over the right side enabled the horn 4 out of 6 times, and the windshield wiper activated 5 out of those 6 tries. No thanks... I will “stick” with trying to build muscle memory using the expoxy dot.

33B3275C-59D0-44F0-9203-33ECC773E6E8.jpeg

Reactions: Pcm888usa
How many think Elon was (once again) lying, and the airbag on refresh Model S's will not be able to activate the horn?
Elon’s March 1 tweet: “All cars made since November also have push center for horn – just waiting on firmware update.”

November was over six months ago; since then, Tesla has pushed out dozens of minor—and a few fairly substantial—software updates. Musk lies constantly, this is just one more instance.

Reactions: Pcm888usa
Elon’s March 1 tweet: “All cars made since November also have push center for horn – just waiting on firmware update.”

November was over six months ago; since then, Tesla has pushed out dozens of minor—and a few fairly substantial—software updates. Musk lies constantly, this is just one more instance.
We, who believed what Elon says are "naive". Did anyone challenge his false statements or we just throw up our hands and said, "It's Elon, again"

Not really a lie. We really are just waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

Now 2024 and still waiting.

In the time I've had my '22 S I've had 3 incidents (1 resulting in a collision) that resulted from the safety hazard due to the ridiculous micro dot Tesla horn. Twice were incidents where I had to swerve out of the way of a vehicle making a lane change into me. Because I could not rely on having the micro dot horn work vs only spraying my windshield, both times I had to swerve much more that I likely would have had to if I could have honked to alert the other car coming into my lane. The one collision was in a parking lot where I was stopped and a car was backing into me. Managed to spray the window but no horn in time and car bumped into me. Fortunately there was no visible damage. Might try the epoxy dot suggestion to see if it improves the success rate of hitting the horn in an emergency.