Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Speaker Rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

New owner of a Model S refresh! Amazing car! I am in love with it, but one thing I do not love is this super annoying rattle coming from the front driver and passenger door speakers (see picture for general area) I can't believe this 100k+ car rattles when I listen to some of my favorite songs. The EQs is even flat. It really makes it a super unenjoyable experience. I am now scared to play music because the rattle is so annoying!

I am getting the car checked tomorrow, but was wondering if any fellow Model S refresh owners have a similar experience with rattles coming from this area when listening to music. I know it comes from this area because when I put pressure on the speaker grill the rattle stops.

Attachments

• IMG_4028.jpeg
    IMG_4028.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 458
Negatory, no rattles and I blast the music in mine.
Thanks for the reply Hotsoup! It's so unfortunate I am having this issue.

Just as reference I am using the beginning of these songs to really bring out the rattles:
"Keep the Streets Empty for Me" by Fever Ray
"Tyrant Destroyed" by Twin Shadow
"Music Won't Save you" by SUUNS

If anyone cares to test any of these songs, it'd be amazing! I usually play at level 7-8.5 volume

I was just now able to pinpoint where my rattles are coming from!

For anyone having rattling issue, do yourself a favor and download an app called "Sonic" on the iPhone app store. You can then connect through bluetooth to your car speakers and slide up or down in the app selecting a frequency to play.

I am having major issues at 60-77Hz. This app helped me pinpoint exactly where the rattling is coming from... totally not where I highlighted in my original post. It's super helpful to troubleshoot these kinds of issues! Hope it helps anyone!

I'd be curious to know if anyone else hears rattling coming from their front two speakers around these frequencies or any frequency for that matter on a Refresh Model S.

My front pillar speaker sometimes rattles a bit.

Not trying to derail this thread, but somewhat related,
Can anyone tell much of a different between the Normal and High Immersion settings? (IIRC the settings are OFF, Normally and High, but could be mistaken)
I can't tell a difference between Normal and High. It all still sounds like the sound stage is way too forward and sounds horrible if you try and move the balance back.

I was really excited for this sound system as it was hyped up, but I can't say I'm blown away as compared to a Model 3 sound system.

I was just now able to pinpoint where my rattles are coming from!

For anyone having rattling issue, do yourself a favor and download an app called "Sonic" on the iPhone app store. You can then connect through bluetooth to your car speakers and slide up or down in the app selecting a frequency to play.

I am having major issues at 60-77Hz. This app helped me pinpoint exactly where the rattling is coming from... totally not where I highlighted in my original post. It's super helpful to troubleshoot these kinds of issues! Hope it helps anyone!

I'd be curious to know if anyone else hears rattling coming from their front two speakers around these frequencies or any frequency for that matter on a Refresh Model S.
Going to follow up with a serrice call? Interested to hear what happens.

My front pillar speaker sometimes rattles a bit.

Not trying to derail this thread, but somewhat related,
Can anyone tell much of a different between the Normal and High Immersion settings? (IIRC the settings are OFF, Normally and High, but could be mistaken)
I can't tell a difference between Normal and High. It all still sounds like the sound stage is way too forward and sounds horrible if you try and move the balance back.

I was really excited for this sound system as it was hyped up, but I can't say I'm blown away as compared to a Model 3 sound system.
Took delivery early November, long range. I have rattles all over the car and I agree with your statement very much. Flat treble, way too forward sound stage, muddy base. Immersive sound sounds like an echo in a tin box though brings the soundstage back a tiny tick but is useless as it sounds terrible. Had a Kia Stinger GT2, have a BMW M340i and had a Fiesta ST and Focus both with a Sony factory system which all had better sounding systems, especially the Kia...by far. BMW is almost as good as the Kia. Kia has done an amazing job developing their sound stages with Harmon Kardon. Their treble is a bit harsh but that can be dialed in easily in settings. Anyone should take their brand new, 100 or 150k Model Ss to KIA and see what 50k or below gets you! BTW, nothing rattled in any of my cars.
Not sure what the hype about the 22 speakers is all about but hope things can be improved via software and some better quality control at manufacturing putting things together.
Ok...done griping. Best EV out there overall where it counts and quality is good enough if you are not picky.
Going to fix some rattles now...