Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Spotted in Ohio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
rxeb5kukx2i61.jpg

1tq3akukx2i61.jpg

Linked to the images for everyone's convenience...

1. The steering wheel looks amazing, kind of like on the new Mercedes E/S-Class.
2. Rear headrests are adjustable - great.
3. Interior quality looks to be a bit better (not talking about frunk panel gaps).
4. Shift buttons are on the centre console and based on the arrows, it seems like they'll be physical shifter buttons.

Nice!

If this is a corporate test mule, the steering could just be from a Y or 3 if they did not have the yoke available yet for pilot build. Or they are waiting for final approval. Would not take this that the production cars will be one way or the other.

Not reading too much into this either, but it's an encouraging sign that we FINALLY get so see something. I was honestly expecting pics like this 1-2 weeks ago & hopefully more will start trickling out at a quicker rate.

I already had a strong suspicion that they'd be putting gear selection over-rides as physical buttons (near where the hazard displays on the CGI renders on tesla.com), and this pic does give me a little more confidence that's the route they're going on that piece. There are still TONS of rumors that the gear over-ride will be done via MCU, which would be a pitfall IMO.

I hope the buttons on the console are for testing purposes only. Working in the auto business, I regularly drive exotic cars with plenty of buttons (Bentley, Ferrari, etc.), I really don’t want console buttons on Tesla. It takes away from the core design philosophy.

The stalk shifter can be a PITA sometimes, but I’d rather have that, or just buttons on the display panel which can evolve with firmware updates.

* Mechanical buttons are so NOT Tesla.

I hope the buttons on the console are for testing purposes only. Working in the auto business, I regularly drive exotic cars with plenty of buttons (Bentley, Ferrari, etc.), I really don’t want console buttons on Tesla. It takes away from the core design philosophy.

The stalk shifter can be a PITA sometimes, but I’d rather have that, or just buttons on the display panel which can evolve with firmware updates.

* Mechanical buttons are so NOT Tesla.

What do you do when your screen freezes up? Sometimes there are needs for physical controls and I would not want all buttons replaced with a touchscreen. I have had the screen on my Model S Freeze over 50+ times over the past several years and required a reboot.

What do you do when your screen freezes up? Sometimes there are needs for physical controls and I would not want all buttons replaced with a touchscreen. I have had the screen on my Model S Freeze over 50+ times over the past several years and required a reboot.

I agree. As minimalistic as I want the car, these buttons will be fine if done right - preferably not with sticky labels like in the photo.

Reactions: Tigers