Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Spotted in Ohio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have they said if the refresh S and X will have the heat pump?

They have!

It was posted in their 2020 Q4 Quarterly Investor Update Deck

1616429573181.png

Copying this from Reddit for anyone who doesn't want to go dig it up:

"Smart Shift" can be turned off. Controls are on both the screen and the steering wheel. Nothing on the pad below the phone charger. The right most button acting as a kind of a gear shifter. Clicking once will bring up a prompt on the screen. You will then scroll to which gear you want and click in. The right scroll wheel button is mainly used for Autopilot. So when it's not in use, it can be used for gear shifting.

So in my wife's MY, I usually shut off AP/TACC by moving the right stalk up. Not sure how that would work as this user described it.

Any ideas? Alternatively, how does everyone else shut off AP/TACC with current setup?

Copying this from Reddit for anyone who doesn't want to go dig it up:
"Smart Shift" can be turned off. Controls are on both the screen and the steering wheel. Nothing on the pad below the phone charger. The right most button acting as a kind of a gear shifter. Clicking once will bring up a prompt on the screen. You will then scroll to which gear you want and click in. The right scroll wheel button is mainly used for Autopilot. So when it's not in use, it can be used for gear shifting.
For those who need a picture of the right side of the yoke:
1616434377504.png

Based on that rendering, the right-most button would be the microphone, so maybe things have changed? Looks like they are still the same, based on the steering wheel picture posted above.
Steering Wheel.png
[/I]

Well you can see a non-illuminated option right above the scroll wheel...so maybe he meant the button above the right scroll wheel?

View attachment 647015
Thanks - I thought that was just a smudge. ENHANCE!!!1!!!!

Why not illuminate that also? My first guess would be to only illuminate it when AP/TACC is active, but that doesn't make sense if you're using that for gear selection also.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Just to note in the article they said they were unsure if its a LR or Plaid model, and I think its a Plaid bc of the aluminum pedal set. A little odd they call the acceleration mode Insane and not plaid, maybe its still very early pre-production
It's an LR. The low 3 seconds to 60 for the LR is the same time as for the P85D's original insane mode. They even mention "insane" acceleration when they described the LR on the Tesla website.

The steering wheel looks super cheap. I'm sure it's not going to be the final version; at least I hope so. Even my lowly 2021 M3 LR has stitches on the steering wheel (although it's not leather anymore), but looks decent. And of course a chrome Tesla logo, which looks way nicer and upscale than just the darn letters. We'll see, I guess. The yoke steering wheel was a deal-breaker for me, and I'm sure after the government saying somebody was crazy enough to try to fit one, they'll prohibit it now. It'd be super dangerous without like 1/4-turn lock. And even then, with that ultra quick steering, if you just sneeze at highway speeds, then BAM! I just can't fathom how that idea got passed the lawyers. Well, government to the rescue. Ha ha.

Reactions: KalJoMoS