Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh UK Delivery - hopes raised and then dashed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here I was hoping for some news

I had MS performance (2015). Great fun, demo'd to all my mates, within a month or two. Then ... rarely used it. It was "brutal" and uncomfortable for passengers unless they were concentrating (like a rally co-driver would ...)

So when I replaced that I got a bog standard MS LR. Perfectly happy with it ... definitely don't miss Performance Launches ...

And then Plaid was announced. Sub 2s 0-60. I wonder what that is like?

I think I need one (how did that happen?) .. actually, upgrade that to "I can't afford not to have one!"

Reactions: Wattsisname
I had MS performance (2015). Great fun, demo'd to all my mates, within a month or two. Then ... rarely used it. It was "brutal" and uncomfortable for passengers unless they were concentrating (like a rally co-driver would ...)

So when I replaced that I got a bog standard MS LR. Perfectly happy with it ... definitely don't miss Performance Launches ...

And then Plaid was announced. Sub 2s 0-60. I wonder what that is like?

I think I need one (how did that happen?) .. actually, upgrade that to "I can't afford not to have one!"
Well, I’m enjoying my Raven “performance” but it’s still nowhere close to a couple of my petrol cars even in a straight line - acceleration drops away rapidly and the brakes are terrible. But the Plaid keeps going, and the interior quality is a huge step up. Looking forward to them honoring my early UK Plaid order soon - hopefully by then the brakes upgrade will be available as well.

Last edited:
IMG_1764.PNG

Anyone hoping some of the 7,250 S/X that are due in Europe from October '22 are Plaid X and arriving in the UK?
If Fremont makes 933 Plaid x per month out of 4,333 S&X ie 22% of production then technically of the 7250 arriving then 1559 "should" be plaid X's but divided by Europe then Uk = 10% of that? 156 Plaid X arriving in UK in Q4??
Clearly lots of assumptions, but can you stab in the dark any better?

Attachments

• IMG_1765.jpg
    IMG_1765.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
View attachment 812514
Anyone hoping some of the 7,250 S/X that are due in Europe from October '22 are Plaid X and arriving in the UK?
If Fremont makes 933 Plaid x per month out of 4,333 S&X ie 22% of production then technically of the 7250 arriving then 1559 "should" be plaid X's but divided by Europe then Uk = 10% of that? 156 Plaid X arriving in UK in Q4??
Clearly lots of assumptions, but can you stab in the dark any better?
I like your optimism, but the fly in the ointment is RHD. Not sure if there is ANY allocation for those out of the Europe quota. Come to think of it, since there are still US deliveries of the Plaid pending, why do you think any of that Worldwide Plaid backlog is even for Europe. I have an order placed in Jan 2021.

I like your optimism, but the fly in the ointment is RHD. Not sure if there is ANY allocation for those out of the Europe quota. Come to think of it, since there are still US deliveries of the Plaid pending, why do you think any of that Worldwide Plaid backlog is even for Europe. I have an order placed in Jan 2021.
You didn't look at the attachment did you?

Thanks for the info. I see the Europe column, but my comments still stand. Both for RHD - and given the backlog in the US, if any will make it to Europe as planned.

There isn’t much of a backlog in the US they have inventory cars they can’t feel and people getting delivery within a couple of weeks.

I would say it’s a pretty much certainty model s is coming to the eu, doubt the Uk yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.