Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S (Refresh) v11 Firmware Wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What features would you like Tesla to add in the upcoming and very anticipated v11 firmware update for the new 2021 Model S?

One feature that I’d love to see come to the new Model S is to have different profiles for passengers sitting in the front passenger seat (air conditioning settings, seat placement, and display customization of where apps are located so the passenger can control different UI).

Reactions: Zaker89
Lets start with simple things that should already work:

1. the tri-zone HVAC, the rear controls should not adjust the front temps
2. need an OFF for the rear controls so your kids don't have complete control of the music and temps
3. Waypoints as promised
4. Energy usage app
5. Noise cancellation
6. Close windows from the app (like the 3 & Y)

Once these basic features work, then I can start my wish list.

I am not complaining, I have been with Tesla from almost the start and fully expect all of these to be added and more in the next 6 months. Of course I still want them NOW :)

You can create profiles for passengers now. When your favorite person is sitting in the passenger seat, and everything is set correctly, create a new profile called, for instance, me and wife. Save the current settings. Do the same for other passengers who ride frequently. Then just change the profile when they are with you.

Reactions: cwanja
You can create profiles for passengers now. When your favorite person is sitting in the passenger seat, and everything is set correctly, create a new profile called, for instance, me and wife. Save the current settings. Do the same for other passengers who ride frequently. Then just change the profile when they are with you.
I was more referring to an actual profile for the passenger. Having to pair their settings with your kind of defeats the purpose for me.

I was more referring to an actual profile for the passenger. Having to pair their settings with your kind of defeats the purpose for me.
What is the limitation? Each passenger has their own profile with you. You can create multiple profiles for the same passenger. One can be "cold wife and me", and the other can be "hot wife and me." You can have rock and roll mama, and classical mama. You can have all of these.

Lets start with simple things that should already work:

1. the tri-zone HVAC, the rear controls should not adjust the front temps
2. need an OFF for the rear controls so your kids don't have complete control of the music and temps
3. Waypoints as promised
4. Energy usage app
5. Noise cancellation
6. Close windows from the app (like the 3 & Y)

Once these basic features work, then I can start my wish list.

I am not complaining, I have been with Tesla from almost the start and fully expect all of these to be added and more in the next 6 months. Of course I still want them NOW :)
I totally agree with you! v10 looks like it really wasn't meant to be used on these new cars and what's really going to bring all these new features is v11. Hopefully, there's not too long of a wait!

Reactions: Ramphex and Zaker89

Wait, the passenger seat position is now saved?

What is the limitation? Each passenger has their own profile with you. You can create multiple profiles for the same passenger. One can be "cold wife and me", and the other can be "hot wife and me." You can have rock and roll mama, and classical mama. You can have all of these.
To me, this seems a bit inefficient, given they could have their own profile which wouldn't affect anything else. If I created profiles for the five people that regularly travel in my passenger seat, that's five different profiles I would have to switch from which is just too much. This process can be made a lot simpler, and I believe Elon even promised that passengers would be getting their own profiles.

Reactions: DerbyDave
#1. customizable screen so i can have the split screen % back to where it was when i bought my car! i'm still not happy that tesla didn't offer this as an option, i bought the car partly because i loved the big screen and now it's a lot smaller. (the left side is mostly wasted space)

#2. when the windshield wipers are in auto mode have the right scroll wheel (on the steering wheel) be used as a sensitivity scale. (like there is on most/all other luxury vehicles) ...it would just be nice to be able to adjust the sensitivity in that mode as i find it doesn't react quickly enough most of the time.

Base on the horizontal screen
- Date (month & day) and day of week (3-letter abbreviation ok) on the instrument cluster
- Brighter and/ bolder blue letters, especially on what drive mode is selected
- Automatic Control screen when in Park (quicker access to charging, lock/unlock: doors, trunk, frunk)
- Smaller Home Link screen so it doesn’t block 1/3 of side aft-looking camera views
- Stop warning me to fasten seatbelts after engaging Park