Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S (Refresh) v11 Firmware Wishlist

jeff1323

Jul 22, 2021
Redlands, CA
What features would you like Tesla to add in the upcoming and very anticipated v11 firmware update for the new 2021 Model S?

One feature that I’d love to see come to the new Model S is to have different profiles for passengers sitting in the front passenger seat (air conditioning settings, seat placement, and display customization of where apps are located so the passenger can control different UI).

Reactions: Zaker89

JADCa

Mar 5, 2018
California
Lets start with simple things that should already work:

1. the tri-zone HVAC, the rear controls should not adjust the front temps
2. need an OFF for the rear controls so your kids don't have complete control of the music and temps
3. Waypoints as promised
4. Energy usage app
5. Noise cancellation
6. Close windows from the app (like the 3 & Y)

Once these basic features work, then I can start my wish list.

I am not complaining, I have been with Tesla from almost the start and fully expect all of these to be added and more in the next 6 months. Of course I still want them NOW :)

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
You can create profiles for passengers now. When your favorite person is sitting in the passenger seat, and everything is set correctly, create a new profile called, for instance, me and wife. Save the current settings. Do the same for other passengers who ride frequently. Then just change the profile when they are with you.

Reactions: cwanja

jeff1323

Jul 22, 2021
Redlands, CA
You can create profiles for passengers now. When your favorite person is sitting in the passenger seat, and everything is set correctly, create a new profile called, for instance, me and wife. Save the current settings. Do the same for other passengers who ride frequently. Then just change the profile when they are with you.
I was more referring to an actual profile for the passenger. Having to pair their settings with your kind of defeats the purpose for me.

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
I was more referring to an actual profile for the passenger. Having to pair their settings with your kind of defeats the purpose for me.
What is the limitation? Each passenger has their own profile with you. You can create multiple profiles for the same passenger. One can be "cold wife and me", and the other can be "hot wife and me." You can have rock and roll mama, and classical mama. You can have all of these.

jeff1323

Jul 22, 2021
Redlands, CA
Lets start with simple things that should already work:

1. the tri-zone HVAC, the rear controls should not adjust the front temps
2. need an OFF for the rear controls so your kids don't have complete control of the music and temps
3. Waypoints as promised
4. Energy usage app
5. Noise cancellation
6. Close windows from the app (like the 3 & Y)

Once these basic features work, then I can start my wish list.

I am not complaining, I have been with Tesla from almost the start and fully expect all of these to be added and more in the next 6 months. Of course I still want them NOW :)
I totally agree with you! v10 looks like it really wasn't meant to be used on these new cars and what's really going to bring all these new features is v11. Hopefully, there's not too long of a wait!

Reactions: Ramphex and Zaker89

WilliamG

Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
Caraoke: My wife is really not happy about this being unavailable on the S.
Auto-dimming mirror control: Elon promised this ages ago. Come on now...

WilliamG

Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA

Wait, the passenger seat position is now saved?

jeff1323

Jul 22, 2021
Redlands, CA
What is the limitation? Each passenger has their own profile with you. You can create multiple profiles for the same passenger. One can be "cold wife and me", and the other can be "hot wife and me." You can have rock and roll mama, and classical mama. You can have all of these.
To me, this seems a bit inefficient, given they could have their own profile which wouldn't affect anything else. If I created profiles for the five people that regularly travel in my passenger seat, that's five different profiles I would have to switch from which is just too much. This process can be made a lot simpler, and I believe Elon even promised that passengers would be getting their own profiles.

Reactions: DerbyDave

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
In addition, there may be a usable limit on the number of profiles. The interface might not be able to handle a bunch of profiles, as it has trouble with only 1 or 2.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC