Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone see January deliveries? Seems like we went from December deliveries to February deliveries. Theories that January will be a pause in production to refresh the design? Or is this normal for this time of year?

I noticed the same thing and was also wondering. In November you could order a S100D for December but the S75D was February. The S100D is also February now, it does seem like January was skipped. I have an order in for a February S75D. Anyone else suspect or know more?

I noticed the same thing and was also wondering. In November you could order a S100D for December but the S75D was February. The S100D is also February now, it does seem like January was skipped. I have an order in for a February S75D. Anyone else suspect or know more?

January wasn't skipped. Tesla has always built overseas cars the first month or so of a quarter so that they can be delivered in time to count as a delivered car for that quarter. This is normal and that's why there aren't many custom order delivery dates in the first month of every quarter for the USA.

Thanks Erik

Reactions: Joshnickell
Thanks Erik, make a lot of sense and coming from a trusted source.

I’m a YouTube subscriber, See attached for a photo of my garage inspired by yours.
A3CA5780-01AC-4ADB-BF90-A0EDFB9F2949.jpeg

Reactions: DÆrik
Anyone see January deliveries? Seems like we went from December deliveries to February deliveries. Theories that January will be a pause in production to refresh the design? Or is this normal for this time of year?

They deliver a lot more North American cars the last 6 weeks of a quarter than in the early part of the quarter. They make the cars destined for Europe, Asia, and Australia/NZ in the first weeks of the quarter. This is American deliveries, but Canadian cars are pretty much the same hardware setup as American, so they make them in parallel.

Monthly Plug-In Sales Scorecard

January wasn't skipped. Tesla has always built overseas cars the first month or so of a quarter so that they can be delivered in time to count as a delivered car for that quarter. This is normal and that's why there aren't many custom order delivery dates in the first month of every quarter for the USA.

Makes sense. Can't wait to hear the next prediction for a refresh!

Hey Refresh guys...I just saw a TeslaTap note that the 8.0 update lets a driver select a "avoid toll road" and a "avoid ferry" in the route selection. I cant find this. Says it is for refresh and 8.0. I have that and cant find such a button. Any guidance here?