Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Required

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I am new to the site and I am currently looking at getting a Model S around the 33-34K mark, I would prefer a facelift model with enhanced Autopilot (Autopilot 2), Is a bit of a mind field sorting the right one out. I have found a 90D but its high mileage 108K, I beleive the warranty is only good on the batteries for 100K.

I don't know if any is thinking about selling their car?

What are your suggestions on the "right" car.

Thanks
Tony

Any pre-facelift car (nosecone) will have 8yr/unlimited mile battery/drive unit warranty. The bigger question is whether any of those cars have AP2. I don't believe any pre-facelift cars have the AP2 hardware but I could be mistaken.

Is there a reason (besides price) that you are looking for an earlier Model S?

Reactions: 2101Guy
Any pre-facelift car (nosecone) will have 8yr/unlimited mile battery/drive unit warranty. The bigger question is whether any of those cars have AP2. I don't believe any pre-facelift cars have the AP2 hardware but I could be mistaken.

The bottom line is just based on price , I have a budget to work with so a 2017 Dual is about the best I am going to get.

Personally I'd rather get a new Model 3 than a 4 year old S (we have both), especially in the UK where the S is rather large.
I like a nice big car, prior to the BMW I3 I have two Chrysler 300C and they were big cars. Do you get all the bells and whisles on the Model 3 line autopilot and auto parking ECT? its not somthing I have looked at to be honest.

I have spoken to a dealer and they ahve told me the same thing 8 years on battery and drive chain.
The main reason on the MS is I love a toy and the car seems to have gadgets by the bucket load.

Don't think S70 ever had nosecone. S75 did. They all have unlimited warranties I believe.
In the US, I doubt you could get what you want without high mileage (and only really high mileage). But I would not consider 108k high (km right?). Even miles, that would probably be fine.
I have a 92k miles S70. No mileage related issues at all. Time/usage issues only.

Don't think S70 ever had nosecone. S75 did. They all have unlimited warranties I believe.
In the US, I doubt you could get what you want without high mileage (and only really high mileage). But I would not consider 108k high (km right?). Even miles, that would probably be fine.
I have a 92k miles S70. No mileage related issues at all. Time/usage issues only.
Hi its 108K miles, just worried its on the high side, thats all.