Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Model S Required

Hi All,

I am new to the site and I am currently looking at getting a Model S around the 33-34K mark, I would prefer a facelift model with enhanced Autopilot (Autopilot 2), Is a bit of a mind field sorting the right one out. I have found a 90D but its high mileage 108K, I beleive the warranty is only good on the batteries for 100K.

I don't know if any is thinking about selling their car?

What are your suggestions on the "right" car.

Thanks
Tony

Any pre-facelift car (nosecone) will have 8yr/unlimited mile battery/drive unit warranty. The bigger question is whether any of those cars have AP2. I don't believe any pre-facelift cars have the AP2 hardware but I could be mistaken.

Is there a reason (besides price) that you are looking for an earlier Model S?
The bottom line is just based on price , I have a budget to work with so a 2017 Dual is about the best I am going to get.

Personally I'd rather get a new Model 3 than a 4 year old S (we have both), especially in the UK where the S is rather large.
I like a nice big car, prior to the BMW I3 I have two Chrysler 300C and they were big cars. Do you get all the bells and whisles on the Model 3 line autopilot and auto parking ECT? its not somthing I have looked at to be honest.

Any pre-facelift car (nosecone) will have 8yr/unlimited mile battery/drive unit warranty. The bigger question is whether any of those cars have AP2. I don't believe any pre-facelift cars have the AP2 hardware but I could be mistaken.

Is there a reason (besides price) that you are looking for an earlier Model S?
I have spoken to a dealer and they ahve told me the same thing 8 years on battery and drive chain.
The main reason on the MS is I love a toy and the car seems to have gadgets by the bucket load.

Don't think S70 ever had nosecone. S75 did. They all have unlimited warranties I believe.
In the US, I doubt you could get what you want without high mileage (and only really high mileage). But I would not consider 108k high (km right?). Even miles, that would probably be fine.
I have a 92k miles S70. No mileage related issues at all. Time/usage issues only.

Don't think S70 ever had nosecone. S75 did. They all have unlimited warranties I believe.
In the US, I doubt you could get what you want without high mileage (and only really high mileage). But I would not consider 108k high (km right?). Even miles, that would probably be fine.
I have a 92k miles S70. No mileage related issues at all. Time/usage issues only.
Hi its 108K miles, just worried its on the high side, thats all.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC