Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long would it take for sales to contact me / send the confirmation email? Ive done the payment for a EU general production Model S last friday (from The Netherlands), so should be on their (German) account monday.

PS: Been reading some time here but this is actually my first post wohoo :wink: (and definately not the last)

How long would it take for sales to contact me / send the confirmation email? Ive done the payment for a EU general production Model S last friday (from The Netherlands), so should be on their (German) account monday.

PS: Been reading some time here but this is actually my first post wohoo :wink: (and definately not the last)
If you are impatient, you could go round the corner at the Eindhoven Tesla-shop! I am sure they will gladly help you ;-)

I know, I should not be too impatient, considering delivery will probably take well over 1 year. It is really hard to wait once you are infected with the Tesla virus to resist the temptation :smile:
Actually I visited the Eindhoven showroom last week, and based on that I decided to go ahead and reserve a Model S.
Will post here as soon as I receive something to add to the tally.

I got a call today from the LA store to confirm that I was not going to cancel my Signature Sport order because now that the final pricing and options list were out they thought I'd be disappointed that there are many "luxury" features not included. I said that I was a bit disappointed that Elon is not keeping his promise to make the best luxury car (not just the best electric car), but I have no plans on canceling my order. He also said there were about 150 Signature slots left (I know many have guessed there were far fewer spots left).

I got a call today from the LA store to confirm that I was not going to cancel my Signature Sport order because now that the final pricing and options list were out they thought I'd be disappointed that there are many "luxury" features not included. I said that I was a bit disappointed that Elon is not keeping his promise to make the best luxury car (not just the best electric car), but I have no plans on canceling my order. He also said there were about 150 Signature slots left (I know many have guessed there were far fewer spots left).

Do you think you got the call because they know that the luxury features were very important to you? Or do you think they were calling every Signature reservation holder?

Has any other Signature reservation holder gotten a call from Tesla asking if you want to cancel?

I am in Atlanta and just a Gen Prod reservation holder so I've never gotten anything but an e-mail from Tesla.

I think most Roadster owners are in more or less regular touch with their local stores. I often receive a text or a call from our Store Manager if he's over this way, just to see how we're all doing. I haven't received a call like Dr. Computer though and I think his call was probably reflecting a local store that knows their customers.

Do you think you got the call because they know that the luxury features were very important to you? Or do you think they were calling every Signature reservation holder?

Yes, I know I got a call because I was very vocal about the S not having many of the luxury features that I thought should have been included in a car of this class and price point. Also, as Nigel said, I (and and other members of SoCalGreenSpeed) are very vocal and influential about Tesla and EV's in general. I also know that the particular Tesla employee that called me reads this board and probably didn't want me post negative comments. Although I am still a bit disappointed that there are a few sorely missing features, none of them are show-stoppers for me. Yes I will no longer have a car that will cool my butt, park itself, watch the road on my behalf or light the way with LED headlights, but I will also no longer be buying gas, changing oil or polluting the Los Angeles air. I'm OK with making a few compromises for the good of the world.

Yes, I know I got a call because I was very vocal about the S not having many of the luxury features that I thought should have been included in a car of this class and price point. Also, as Nigel said, I (and and other members of SoCalGreenSpeed) are very vocal and influential about Tesla and EV's in general. I also know that the particular Tesla employee that called me reads this board and probably didn't want me post negative comments. Although I am still a bit disappointed that there are a few sorely missing features, none of them are show-stoppers for me. Yes I will no longer have a car that will cool my butt, park itself, watch the road on my behalf or light the way with LED headlights, but I will also no longer be buying gas, changing oil or polluting the Los Angeles air. I'm OK with making a few compromises for the good of the world.

Glad the Model S meets most of your luxury car needs. It has most of the features I wanted as well. There are a few things that would be nice for them to add but they can wait.

The only thing I'll really miss is adaptive cruise control. That said, I can certainly understand why it's not there on the first version.
Me too. That was on my wish list but I didn't expect them to have it. I've never owned a car with keyless entry before so I'm looking forward to that. That and being able to cool the car with the iPhone app.
They haven't called me either.

It would be nice to see going forward, with the pricing now known, if the reservation rate accelerates, stays the same or declines. However each of us feels about pricing hitting the right spot, the public now will vote with their pocketbook and send a signal to Tesla if indeed they have hit the right spot.

Anyone want to take up this challenge to graph and post this.