Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the impression that since the news broke out of the contract with Toyota reservation numbers jumped!
I have impression reservations jump with 20 in US alone in 1--2-- days!
The reservations have been rolling in pretty steadily since January. I was #2840 at the beginning of January. It's been about 5 1/2 months since, so call it 160 days. We're at 4400 now, so roughly 1600 in 160 days, or 10/day.

The reservations have been rolling in pretty steadily since January. I was #2840 at the beginning of January. It's been about 5 1/2 months since, so call it 160 days. We're at 4400 now, so roughly 1600 in 160 days, or 10/day.
I reserved a Model S on 22 November 2010 and was assigned reservation number 2600. Between my reservation date and CKESSEL the reservation rate was 6 per day. I purchased a Roadster in May and cancelled my S reservation. I now regret that decision as I would have loved to have 2 Tesla's in the garage next year.

I reserved a Model S on 22 November 2010 and was assigned reservation number 2600. Between my reservation date and CKESSEL the reservation rate was 6 per day. I purchased a Roadster in May and cancelled my S reservation. I now regret that decision as I would have loved to have 2 Tesla's in the garage next year.

Very easily solved! As a Roadster owner your new reservation placed now would be ahead of your old reservation as a non Roadster owner and a new Signature reservation as an owner should still be able to get you one of the first 200 cars.

Get back on the horse Spred! :smile:There are bound to be some other folks who will cancel their reservations...you still might be able to pull it off for 2012!Tick, tick, tick...
I know, I know. I thought about reserving a Signature Model S to ensure delivery in 2012. I may need to build another garage; Roaster 2.5, Model S, Model X and hopefully a pickup (Model P?) with enough juice to tow 2 horses and sleeping quarters. My girlfriend is into cross country and show jumping and I get ill when I think about buying a Ford F350 to tow the beasts throughout the southeast. There is nothing better than showing up to a competition in my Roadster. I'm traversing dirt roads in a Jet Black car, the tires end up covered in horse manure and it sits in the hot sun for hours. But, I get to charge for free using RV camper outlets and it shows everyone that you don't have to compromise to drive a Tesla.

Covered in horse manure is no compromise?:eek:
You know what I mean. The car can drive through grass and dirt roads with ease (I drive it gingerly to prevent any paint damage). I have no problem getting it dirty. People think EVs are glorified golf carts. We prove them wrong every day; especially when they show up on a farm. Plus, cars and animals share the road on the farm. When I pass a horse and rider without the A/C on. I'm silent and they don't get spooked. Some ICE powered vehicles can stress out a horse gearing up for competition. VFX, I've been dating her for 2 years. I knew the manure came with the horse & the blonde who rides it. She has an 80 mile round trip to go to the barn. It costs $1.25 in energy when she takes the Roadster. It costs $23 when she takes the Range Rover. I'd rather have a little poop on the car and save the cash/CO2.

That's cool.

Just for fun, how much would it cost to take the horse 80 miles?

With a decent truck pulling one horse, I'd say you get 10-12 MPG. It's horrible. I know when a bunch of her friends get together, they try to use a 4 horse trailer, drive at 55 MPH and share in the expense. It is not a cheap hobby but many of the competitions are within a few hundred miles of Atlanta so it's not like we're traversing the country. However, some of her friends compete abroad and the horses travel in a special airplanes from the US to Europe. That can run from $2,000 to $5,000.

Oh, and do you have to carry extra fuel?

attachment.php?attachmentid=2187&d=1311729587.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0705.JPG
    IMG_0705.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 1,155