TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Reservation Tally

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Joel, Jun 7, 2011.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think the Beta would be review worthy. That would likely be the production version.

They made that mistake once.

2. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

It would be "first look" worthy though. :)

3. jcstp

jcstp Active Member

I have the impression that since the news broke out of the contract with Toyota reservation numbers jumped!
    I have impression reservations jump with 20 in US alone in 1--2-- days!

4. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

The reservations have been rolling in pretty steadily since January. I was #2840 at the beginning of January. It's been about 5 1/2 months since, so call it 160 days. We're at 4400 now, so roughly 1600 in 160 days, or 10/day.

5. sprediletto

sprediletto Member

I reserved a Model S on 22 November 2010 and was assigned reservation number 2600. Between my reservation date and CKESSEL the reservation rate was 6 per day. I purchased a Roadster in May and cancelled my S reservation. I now regret that decision as I would have loved to have 2 Tesla's in the garage next year.

6. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Get back on the horse Spred! :smile:

There are bound to be some other folks who will cancel their reservations...you still might be able to pull it off for 2012!

Tick, tick, tick...

7. donauker

donauker Member

Very easily solved! As a Roadster owner your new reservation placed now would be ahead of your old reservation as a non Roadster owner and a new Signature reservation as an owner should still be able to get you one of the first 200 cars.

8. sprediletto

sprediletto Member

I know, I know. I thought about reserving a Signature Model S to ensure delivery in 2012. I may need to build another garage; Roaster 2.5, Model S, Model X and hopefully a pickup (Model P?) with enough juice to tow 2 horses and sleeping quarters. My girlfriend is into cross country and show jumping and I get ill when I think about buying a Ford F350 to tow the beasts throughout the southeast. There is nothing better than showing up to a competition in my Roadster. I'm traversing dirt roads in a Jet Black car, the tires end up covered in horse manure and it sits in the hot sun for hours. But, I get to charge for free using RV camper outlets and it shows everyone that you don't have to compromise to drive a Tesla.

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Covered in horse manure is no compromise?:eek:

10. sprediletto

sprediletto Member

You know what I mean. The car can drive through grass and dirt roads with ease (I drive it gingerly to prevent any paint damage). I have no problem getting it dirty. People think EVs are glorified golf carts. We prove them wrong every day; especially when they show up on a farm. Plus, cars and animals share the road on the farm. When I pass a horse and rider without the A/C on. I'm silent and they don't get spooked. Some ICE powered vehicles can stress out a horse gearing up for competition. VFX, I've been dating her for 2 years. I knew the manure came with the horse & the blonde who rides it. She has an 80 mile round trip to go to the barn. It costs $1.25 in energy when she takes the Roadster. It costs $23 when she takes the Range Rover. I'd rather have a little poop on the car and save the cash/CO2.

11. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

That's cool.

Just for fun, how much would it cost to take the horse 80 miles?

12. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

For a guy with multiple expensive expensive cars (more cars than people in the house?), I think the cost of the gas you'd buy and the carbon footprint you're saving is about as significant as picking off the sesame seeds on a Big Mac to save calories :).

13. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

My wife still has not got her head around the idea that outbuilding/garage/barn/shed/workshop square footage can exceed interior living space.

Bonnie?

14. sprediletto

sprediletto Member

With a decent truck pulling one horse, I'd say you get 10-12 MPG. It's horrible. I know when a bunch of her friends get together, they try to use a 4 horse trailer, drive at 55 MPH and share in the expense. It is not a cheap hobby but many of the competitions are within a few hundred miles of Atlanta so it's not like we're traversing the country. However, some of her friends compete abroad and the horses travel in a special airplanes from the US to Europe. That can run from $2,000 to $5,000.

15. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

How much feed would it cost to ride the horse 80 miles?

16. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Oh, and do you have to carry extra fuel?

attachment.php?attachmentid=2187&d=1311729587.jpg

Attached Files:

17. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

That's what I meant!

18. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

So is the hay a range extender in this example? =)

19. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Possibly!

Unfortunately the shot was out a bus window, so I never found out if that was cargo, seat padding, or extra fuel...

20. polera257

polera257 Member

finally deceded to put in my reservation. On July 25,2011 go the an email

Your Reservation Sequence number is 4,427 of the General Production reservation list. USA