Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I misheard over the phone and it's 9371... Oh well, there goes my credibility with numbers. Too much excitement I suppose.

Even if it is 9371, that is still 45 reservations in one day. We are getting close to filling Tesla's production goal of about 55 cars per day in 2013 (20,000 / 365 = 54.78), and the first Model S has not even been delivered yet!

After a year of following Tesla, a visit to their HQ, a ride in the roadster, and what looks to be the coolest car ever......I finally put in my reservation about 2 weeks ago. I'm res holder 9,150 and I can't wait for a test ride in NY. Just hope I will have a chance in July given it's the first 5,000 orders. A ride in the S I believe will confirm everything we have read and anticipated about this innovative design. Elon may go down as the Steve Jobs of the auto industry. Just one question left. Does anyone have a sense when gp 9,150 holder can expect delivery? Thx!

Does anyone have a sense when gp 9,150 holder can expect delivery?

The stated plan is to make 5000 this year and 20,000 next year. However, there are also several reservation number lists (Founder, Signature and non-U.S.) so you're roughly about number 13,000. That puts you more-or-less in the middle of next year. However, the battery pack and options chosen also affect when delivery will happen. As more cars get delivered there will be a better handle on when to expect your car.

The stated plan is to make 5000 this year and 20,000 next year. However, there are also several reservation number lists (Founder, Signature and non-U.S.) so you're roughly about number 13,000. That puts you more-or-less in the middle of next year. However, the battery pack and options chosen also affect when delivery will happen. As more cars get delivered there will be a better handle on when to expect your car.
While the battery/color/suspension decisions of early reservations numbers clearly can change the delivery date, I doubt that it will systematically alter vehicles after about P5,000. Tesla will batch produce cars, but we're not talking about adding weeks or months of change in delivery dates for any of these high-numbered cars.

After a year of following Tesla, a visit to their HQ, a ride in the roadster, and what looks to be the coolest car ever......I finally put in my reservation about 2 weeks ago. I'm res holder 9,150 and I can't wait for a test ride in NY. Just hope I will have a chance in July given it's the first 5,000 orders. A ride in the S I believe will confirm everything we have read and anticipated about this innovative design. Elon may go down as the Steve Jobs of the auto industry. Just one question left. Does anyone have a sense when gp 9,150 holder can expect delivery? Thx!

9,150 two weeks ago making that 5/25? Mine was 8,485 on 23 Apr.

So we are to assume about 665 per month, less attrition. Or 7980 per year additional reservations.

Not following when you say it's the first 5,000 orders? When you are 9,150?

9,150 two weeks ago making that 5/25? Mine was 8,485 on 23 Apr.

So we are to assume about 665 per month, less attrition. Or 7980 per year additional reservations.

Not following when you say it's the first 5,000 orders? When you are 9,150?

My order was completed 5/28. I was referring to the 5,000 test drives in the first 45 days post the first customer delivery. Hoping I dont have to wait for a test drive until the second amped tour in NY. The first drives are July 20-22 in NY. I guess it depends how many of them are from NY.

While the battery/color/suspension decisions of early reservations numbers clearly can change the delivery date, I doubt that it will systematically alter vehicles after about P5,000. Tesla will batch produce cars, but we're not talking about adding weeks or months of change in delivery dates for any of these high-numbered cars.

We hope. There is still the possibility of supplier problems, delays because they will only run a minimum batch size for any particular option set, etc. Sure, this is just speculation on my part, but it's something to bear in mind because sometimes stuff happens.