TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Reservation Tally

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Joel, Jun 7, 2011.

1. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Was covered in other threads. He didn't initiate the bet, and publicly he hasn't accepted it either -- instead offering to make the donation regardless.

On topic, anyone know where we are on sigs? I'm debating upgrading before the event (which might cause an influx in upgrades). I don't want my plaque to say 999/1000

2. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

On the Tesla forums, someone said they got #485 on 9/22.

3. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

Which you can usually see on the first message in this thread, which gets updated every few days.

4. bluetinc

bluetinc Member

US sig reservation

US reservation signature 491, on September 26th.

Peter

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Almost half gone.

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

ugh, I need to move quick.

7. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Hey, this is an interesting one...

I had a Model S reservation of R266. At the Model S event on Saturday night I upgraded to a Sig. Now on Sunday night those hardworking Tesla folks sent me a mail confirming that:
    "Your Reservation Sequence number is 183 of the Signature Special reservation list."

Does anyone know if that is a different (new?) list to the ones MichiganModelS has been keeping? I believe my Sales Person is taking a well earned vacation after the Model S event, but I'll be interested in how the number sequencing is working.

8. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

That is interesting, I wonder if they put your sequence in by the date of your original reservation and backed up the other Sig holders?

9. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

Or maybe Roadster owners get to jump the Q.

10. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

#110 NigelM, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
    Not possible as they would have to tell 400 others "you just moved back 1 place", which wouldn't go down well.

Meaning, they kept some slots reserved for Roadster owners anticipating we would trade-up our S reservations to a Sig? How many should they have kept open? Impossible to predict; can't figure how they would have done that.

11. Joel

Joel Active Member

I'm guessing they have a Friends/Family/Special People Signature List. I'm guessing they made this list because the Signatures will be gone in short order. I did not go to the event, but I'm assuming many will upgrade.

NigelM - what was your impressions on of the Beta?

12. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Hmmm, I wrote out a check increasing my deposit from $5k to $40k....fair to say my impressions were good. :wink:

Seriously though, it felt like I was a kid again and last night was the best Christmas I ever had. The company is impressive, the Model S is truly impressive. Normal superlatives don't cut it! The ride was (almost) as much fun as my Roadster, but the Model S is a 7-seater family saloon! I was blown away....:biggrin:

13. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

#113 ckessel, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
    They had a special Roadster owners (and family?) reservation list at one point, but it was discontinued at a certain point. My understanding was that such roadster-owner reservations were ahead of the normal P or S reservations. The fact that Nigel apparently had the special reservation status already put him ahead of S/P owners. I am wondering though if Nigel's # means there are ~500 S reservations _plus_ another 183 special reservations, for a total nearing ~700 Sigs.

Roadster owners also got a $10k break on the Model S price at one point, I think discontinued around the same time the special Roadster-owner reservations were discontinued.

Edit: When I say "discontinued", it wasn't removed, just that the time frame for Roadster owners to jump the line went away. Folks that took advantage of it still had their special reservation number (like Nigel).

14. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Hmm, I recall that one of the Sales People mentioned the ~700 number to me a few weeks back but I just assumed it was total world-wide Sig reservations.

15. Joel

Joel Active Member

I speculate that they are having the Friends/Family/Roadster Owner's jump the line In other words, I'd speculate that there is only one Signature List. And since NigelM owns a Roadster (and now reserved a Signature), you are now at your highest position. In other words, I don't believe 10% of Roadster owners have reserved Signatures. But I could be completely wrong.

@NigelM - I'm very glad to hear that. I put $40K down sight unseen. I test drove a Roadster after I reserved the Model S, which made me more than satisfied. I wish I could buy a Roadster, but my wife and I have our first child on the way (February). So, the Model S will be the family car. So, the Model S was (almost) as fun to ride as your Roadster? Would you say the Model S is the more ideal car given its infotainment/touchscreen, seating, panoramic roof, etc.? :)

16. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

We should find out the current status of the Signature number because tomorrow morning I'm going to be standing outside the door to the store when they open at 10:00 with check in hand. :smile:

The performance version was the kicker for me. While it might be available for GP, I don't want to take any chances. Besides, I like the Signature Red!

17. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Reportedly there is a separate "Signature Special" list for Roadster owners.

18. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Just a curious side-note... on the flight back I discovered I was sitting across the aisle from Canadian Signature #75 (if I recall the number correctly). Even on the way home I was still meeting Tesla customers.

19. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

Their website has just been a mess all weekend. I hope that is because of all the interest from people reading reports about the Beta and checking it out.

20. Joel

Joel Active Member

@Citizen-T - I think you're correct. I was not able to access the Model S "Features" section all day Sunday. I believe the site is being experiencing unprecedented high traffic.