Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My bet as well. I suspect there's a lot of "Who's Tesla? <web research> Holy f! Honey, come here. <reserve>" going on.
I don't know... MTCOTY is awesome, but I think there are more people who were fully aware of the Model S and considering it and were pushed over the edge by a potential price increase into putting a refundable 5k down than people who hadn't heard of the car before and are going to suddenly decide to purchase a ~$70k car. We'll never know. Just my opinion, etc...

I don't know... MTCOTY is awesome, but I think there are more people who were fully aware of the Model S and considering it and were pushed over the edge by a potential price increase into putting a refundable 5k down than people who hadn't heard of the car before and are going to suddenly decide to purchase a ~$70k car. We'll never know. Just my opinion, etc...
Kind of looks like the spike started before any mention of the price increase, but it's difficult to tell from the graph.

Test drove today in D.C. and plunked down the deposit: R 14,582 Let the wait begin!

hi treker. congratulations and welcome to the forums. you see the discussion above. why did you make a reservation now? because you finally heard of the car and went for a test drive and or because you heard that the prices were going up and you rushed to test drive and plunk down the reservation money? or maybe a combination of the two? and did they at all mention that the price will go up shortly??

FYI - I am #14,401 and reserved 11/22. I have been a long time follower of Tesla but the main reason I choose to jump in now was not because of the recent awards themselves - I knew the car was a game changer - but because of the masses of people who were now going to learn about the car and would be jumping in - making the wait even longer than what I had been seeing and anticipating. I think there may be some "hey wait a minute, I have been here longer than you and you are not going to get in line in front of me..." going on. On another interesting note, since I deposited on Thanksgiving day the topic came up at our annual familiy dinner of friends and relatives. Of the 30 people in attendance, none of them had even heard of Tesla. They do now but they won't be getting a MS before me...:biggrin:

On another interesting note, since I deposited on Thanksgiving day the topic came up at our annual familiy dinner of friends and relatives. Of the 30 people in attendance, none of them had even heard of Tesla. They do now but they won't be getting a MS before me...:biggrin:

Well, I know what you were thankful for. :wink:

So, how many of those 30 people did you *sell* a car to?

hi treker. congratulations and welcome to the forums. you see the discussion above. why did you make a reservation now? because you finally heard of the car and went for a test drive and or because you heard that the prices were going up and you rushed to test drive and plunk down the reservation money? or maybe a combination of the two? and did they at all mention that the price will go up shortly??

Thanks felixtb. I'm a nerd (or so I like to think) and had of course been following Tesla it was really the MT COTY award that made me sit up and look and get the wife interested. We've been in the market for a new car and were looking at the Audi A6 but when we test drove the S it was head and shoulders above the Audi and the cost would not be too much more when you factor in the fuel savings. So selling it to the wife was the final hurdle which the test drive helped clear ;) We also drove the Nissan LEAF but the 70 miles range is a no go. We do have a goal of becoming a fully EV family within the next 3-5 years. Maybe the Model X or the 3rd gen.

Im tracking the reservation numbers, and yesterday was the biggest res. = 243!!
p.s. total rate is total res / delta date
res.jpg

Last edited: