Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S REST API

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@rawmean , how sure are you the time_to_full_charge field value reflects only the charge-to-100% time? I seem to recall it properly updating when adjusting my charge limit, but I could be wrong.

Either way, you can calculate the time remaining for the current charge limit using a proportion:
Code:
time_to_full_charge * charge_limit_soc / 100

@rawmean , how sure are you the time_to_full_charge field value reflects only the charge-to-100% time? I seem to recall it properly updating when adjusting my charge limit, but I could be wrong.

Either way, you can calculate the time remaining for the current charge limit using a proportion:
Code:
time_to_full_charge * charge_limit_soc / 100
I've tested it and I'm sure about the time_to_full.
The relationship is highly nonlinear especially towards the end of charge so the linear relationship doesn't work

Thanks for the response

@rawmean, I've re-tested the time_to_full_charge field on my Model S 60D (2016) running firmware 17.14.23 and I'm seeing the value properly update as expected immediately after I adjust the charge limit down from 100% to 90%. Care to dig into this a little more?
Thanks much. I'll check again. My observation was that when the charge level had reached 90%, the time to full charge was non zero (charge limit was set to 90%). I'll double check.

Reactions: SG57
@rawmean, for what it's worth the Play Store rejected the original name of my app, Tesla Dashboard, under their impersonation policy forcing me to rename it.

I think it's reasonable to ask the name to be changed to "xyz for Tesla" (which is the convention that both my app "Stats for Tesla" follow. I don't think it's reasonable to require the word "Tesla" to not even appear in the name unless you have explicit permission from Tesla Motors. I just contacted Tesla about this, but I don't expect a response.

When I submitted the Applique Controller app to the Apple App Store, I didn't use the word "TESLA" in the title or description, but I did use the image below for the app icon. It's just a photograph of the actual applique duplicated three times to make a square icon. Apple rejected it saying I couldn't use the word TESLA. So I had to drop it and find a generic icon.

upload_2017-5-15_15-42-4.png

Hi Guys,
I have the opportunity to pass on some information to Tesla directly at a event in Fremont next month. This is the perfect opportunity to prepare a shortlist of features that we would like to see in the REST API. I for one would love to see full sunroof control back, and the ability to change charging amperage. If we can prepare a short list of stuff we want added, maybe this might get some traction, who knows...