Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S retrofit fog light wiring help.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone I was able to install foglights on my 2016 face-lift model s however the led bar is the only one that lights up. Service center refuses to help me turn on the fog lights via software update. There is alot of help for model 3 fog lights about bridging the blue wire with the purple wire to get the fog light to turn on without service center. I'm sure there is a similar solution to the model s fog light however there are 4 wires instead of three. There is a yellow, green, blue and other color wire on the fog light connector. Anyone with any insight know which ones to bridge? I attached some diagrams below hoping that will help with a solution.
Untitled.png
Untitled2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: kwues
I’m in same situation, Tesla no longer support any retrofit (although there is dedicated service bulletin available SB-15-17-008) so looking for a solution as well. To my knowledge it easy to bridge the right wire but how do you implement the switch? How will you get that button on the light menu? And what is the difference of the two diagrams you provided, are hey pre facelift and facelift versions?

I’m in same situation, Tesla no longer support any retrofit (although there is dedicated service bulletin available SB-15-17-008) so looking for a solution as well. To my knowledge it easy to bridge the right wire but how do you implement the switch? How will you get that button on the light menu? And what is the difference of the two diagrams you provided, are hey pre facelift and facelift versions?
So the first 2 diagrams are for a archived service manual I had that was applicable for pre face-lift models but looks to be the same wiring in place for the 2 other diagrams that is from a newer service manual that is specific to face-lift models. I think the first two are the most helpful.

A switch can be achieved by just cutting the wire for fog light which is the wire 2 and introducing a toggle switch through the firewall to connect those 2 back together.

@Chito307 , I assume you are asking about the rear fog lights - essentially, retrofitting the US model to have rear fog lights like the EU model.
If so - have you figured it out? I think that worst case scenario is to run a wire from the front fog lights but was hoping that they use the same harness and there are connectors in the trunk lid.