Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S RWD 60 0-60 in 5.5? Or less?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla says I should be able to go 0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds. But I just did it in less. In fact, I was a little early to hit start in the beginning and didn't hit stop until I clearly saw the 60 pop up on the instrument panel. So I believe it's even less. Anyone get it lower? What's the lowest you've seen on a base S60 RWD?

Screenshot_2016-10-01-14-58-11.png

My seat of the pants would agree with your findings :).

Typically manufacturers will quote conservative times. 0-60 times will depend on road conditions, tire tread and compound, extra weight, and many other factors that will alter 0 to 60 times results.

Reactions: BartJ and fallen888
Less. The non-P models' 0-60 times are very conservative. The 60D is definitely in the 4s. And assuming your 60 is the new limited 75, I bet your RWD would do it in the high 4s.

I say this because dragtimes.com clocked an older, true 60 (not the more powerful 75) at 5.1 0-60 with a vbox. Tesla was placing the older 60 in the high 5s if I remember correctly.

Enjoy :cool:

Reactions: fallen888
Tesla tend to under rate the regulars model s.

For performance version they tend to over rate them. So if you want the best deal stick with the non performance version.

Just look at the lawsuit out of Norway on the p85D. Also there have been countless evidence the p90D or the one with ludrcrious mode does not meet what tesla advertised. I suspect same goes with the new p100d.

Tesla tend to under rate the regulars model s.

For performance version they tend to over rate them. So if you want the best deal stick with the non performance version.

Just look at the lawsuit out of Norway on the p85D. Also there have been countless evidence the p90D or the one with ludrcrious mode does not meet what tesla advertised. I suspect same goes with the new p100d.
Pretty much, albeit the 100 appears to be represented correctly. As for the P90DLs, notably the "classic" ones, there's a thread spanning hundreds of pages where owners simply could not run a 1/4 mile in the 10s as it was advertised.

The P100DL does not appear to be overrated as it relates to quickness. The published 0 to 60 and 1/4 miles times have been borne out by real owners at drag strips.

That being said, as many other previous threads have stated, the originally published times for the 1/4 mile for the P85/P90D ludicrous models was overstated as 10.9 sec (as measured by Motor Trend). No owners have been able to match that time in the real world on a track.

Reactions: Mickie
The P100DL does not appear to be overrated as it relates to quickness. The published 0 to 60 and 1/4 miles times have been borne out by real owners at drag strips.

That being said, as many other previous threads have stated, the originally published times for the 1/4 mile for the P85/P90D ludicrous models was overstated as 10.9 sec (as measured by Motor Trend). No owners have been able to match that time in the real world on a track.
I believe some of the latest, refreshed P90DLs did finally break into the 10s. Correct me if I'm wrong.