Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S screen turning off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys I have a 2017 75 with mcu1. So I recently got my car fixed for the infamous black screen and not one day after getting it back, the main screen started turning off periodically. It isn’t too bad and it usually comes back in a second but I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if there’s anything I need to be worried about. Thanks!

Hey guys I have a 2017 75 with mcu1. So I recently got my car fixed for the infamous black screen and not one day after getting it back, the main screen started turning off periodically. It isn’t too bad and it usually comes back in a second but I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if there’s anything I need to be worried about. Thanks!

Do you have FSD and did you upgrade to HW3? Any other symptoms such as increased screen lag, streaming problems, etc.? My main screen went blank and rebooted while driving a few weeks ago. Just happened once, but along with other signs of MCU1 stress and probably a warning of failure in the not too distant future. For me and many others, the MCU1 problems got bad after having the HW3 upgrade.