TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by kevincwelch, Oct 28, 2012.

1. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

I was thinking about my daily routine, and I tend to hit the gym after work and jump right into the car afterwards. I haven't been too concerned about the fake leather lining my Honda Accord, but I was starting to get concerned that it wouldn't be the best for the Nappa Leather.

I don't shower/change at the gym for timing reasons, so I thought of getting a car seat cover. One that I could quickly throw on the seat and store in the frunk. I had this one in mind, but I was seeking alternatives from you guys. Thanks.

(Sorry; I thought I was posting in Interior/Exterior.)

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Unless properly designed, seat covers interfere with the side airbags. Perhaps one of the spring type cushions would be easier to use.

3. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

My two cents are that if you're fake leather in your accord is holding up, your real leather will definitely hold up. It's a lot more durable/usable that you might imagine, we have been getting leather in our cars for 15 years because of their durability and easy cleanup (kids).

4. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Kevin, I do the same - hit the gym at work and jump in the car right after to pick my son up from school - and have subjected the real leather in an Acura and a Mini to that. No issues at all. The leather held up well. I don't see any problems with the leather in the Model S either.

5. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I still don't like sweating all over the seats of any car. After a workout, I tend to just put a towel down between me and the seat.

6. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

This is what my dad does. He cut a slit in a large beach towel that slips over the headrest and thus stays in place. He keeps 2 in the trunk. For towels you have to stitch the seam or it will start to ravel and come apart. Not to hard if you have a sewing machine. And I actually think he sent his towels to a tailor.

7. kevincwelch

Great ideas, guys. I like the idea of cutting a hole in a towel and using it. That solves the problem of the towel always falling down off my back in the car.

8. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

ANyone have a good solution for the seat belt? I almost always change shirts after I workout, but sometimes I forget. I hate getting my seatbelt wet as it seems to take forever to dry. I have to spray febreeze on the belt and clip the seat belt into the seat to allow it to dry.

9. jerry33

Waterproof seatbelt cover

10. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

11. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Thanks. Ordered one of their EliteSport seat covers. Not as worried about the seatbelt so will try just that first.

12. kevincwelch

Could you elaborate more? How would this specific seat cover interfere with the Model S side airbag?

13. jerry33

Side airbags are in the seat-back and deploy out the side of the seat back so covers that go around the edge of the seat back can interfere with deployment. The picture made it appear that the cover went at least partially around. I don't know exactly where the Model S' side airbag deploys but it's something that you need to check on.

14. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Any issues with using the heated seats while employing a seat cover or a towel-with-a-headrest-hole? The heating coils are not going to overheat or something before you realize it, will they?!

15. kevincwelch

I've never had an issue in my Honda using the seat warmers with a towel over the seat. I am assuming that the thicker and more resistant a material is the less likely it is to conduct heat to the body, and I can imagine the cover is any less safe that your clothing, which is even closer to the coils sometimes. The cover otherwise appears to fit around the seat well away from the coils.

16. squdgy

squdgy New Member

Car Seats for Model S

I just ordered floor mats from Lloyd mats.. now i am looking for a good set of seat covers for my Model S... i have checked some of the normal
    locations.. wet Okhole and others.. but so far no luck.. anyone found a source for nice seat covers?

17. jerry33

If Wet Okole doesn't have them, then likely no one does. Did you actually call them or just look on the site? Might be worth a call.

18. squdgy

squdgy New Member

Seat covers...

I am just a huge fan of seat covers for a bunch of reasons. i have stared doing research on if anyone sells covers for the Model S... so far nobody does that i can find.. i have sent several letters off asking when they'll offer.. so far no responses. has anyone had any luck yet?

19. squdgy

squdgy New Member

no ideas???I did contact Wet Okhole but no forecasts yet...

20. deonb

deonb Active Member

Wet Okole now have Tesla Model S seats.
    http://www.wetokole.com/tesla_model_s_seat_covers-Full-Piping.html

The site ask the following question:
    "My Front Seats have side air impact bags that deploy from the seats?"

However the airbags that the Model S have in those seats aren't side impact airbags, are they? (I was under the impression that they are rear passenger airbags.)