TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Seats

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Spatters805, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Spatters805

Spatters805 Member

This may have been discussed, but I'd like opinions on the new premium seats. I am one of the last to get the perforated/ventilated seats (tan PUP) but I don't know if I prefer the non-ventilated seats better. Tesla discontinued the ventilated/perforated seats. Looking for people's experiences with either regarding comfort, function, durability, etc. I have the option to change but want some guidance. I do have one 9 yo child who will rarely sit in the backseat. Cleaning will not be a problem for me.

2. ElectricBlack

ElectricBlack New Member

Well, I don't know anything about the perforated seats, but I picked up multi patterned seats today and was surprised that the seats were just like premium seats with adjusting headrests except that it was not leather. I went with the basic multi patterned seats because they were supposed to be durable, better ventilated and easy to keep cleaned. That they didn't cost anything extra didn't hurt either.

• Informative x 1
  3. HebrHmr

HebrHmr Member

I'm extremely pleased with my premium seats. Durability is yet to be seen but with proper maintenance and cleaning I don't foresee issues. I picked up a seat hoodie from evannex for post-workout or coming in from the field.

My back is in much better shape in this seat. I know there are complaints on the ventilation but with the existing hardware in place it shouldn't be a difficult retrofit in the future to increase the strength of the fan or reverse direction to blow out the seat rather than the current suction.

I don't, however, have any experience with older style seats for comparison.