Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may have been discussed, but I'd like opinions on the new premium seats. I am one of the last to get the perforated/ventilated seats (tan PUP) but I don't know if I prefer the non-ventilated seats better. Tesla discontinued the ventilated/perforated seats. Looking for people's experiences with either regarding comfort, function, durability, etc. I have the option to change but want some guidance. I do have one 9 yo child who will rarely sit in the backseat. Cleaning will not be a problem for me.

Well, I don't know anything about the perforated seats, but I picked up multi patterned seats today and was surprised that the seats were just like premium seats with adjusting headrests except that it was not leather. I went with the basic multi patterned seats because they were supposed to be durable, better ventilated and easy to keep cleaned. That they didn't cost anything extra didn't hurt either.

• Informative
Reactions: mblakele
I'm extremely pleased with my premium seats. Durability is yet to be seen but with proper maintenance and cleaning I don't foresee issues. I picked up a seat hoodie from evannex for post-workout or coming in from the field.

My back is in much better shape in this seat. I know there are complaints on the ventilation but with the existing hardware in place it shouldn't be a difficult retrofit in the future to increase the strength of the fan or reverse direction to blow out the seat rather than the current suction.

I don't, however, have any experience with older style seats for comparison.