Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S second hand market

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stand corrected, after seeing the Model Y in the flesh today, I think people will flee to it from the S. It's a much better put together car, quality much higher than an older S yet very similar usable room.
I did hear that the refreshed S ('21) is vastly improved from previous but has an unknown landing date (was Sept) due to the turmoil we currently live in

Reactions: positiv
Having ridden in a model S many times over and owning a model 3 they are chalk and cheese in ride comfort. If the Y has a harsher ride than the 3 which is widely reported then I doubt many S owners would downgrade to a Y.
I am waiting for the X and a couple of years wait suits me fine.

Having ridden in a model S many times over and owning a model 3 they are chalk and cheese in ride comfort. If the Y has a harsher ride than the 3 which is widely reported then I doubt many S owners would downgrade to a Y.
I am waiting for the X and a couple of years wait suits me fine.
Agreed, we have a 3 and X (3 replaced an S previously) and without a doubt the S/X (even older models) are vastly superior to the 3 (especially gen2 seats in the S/X vs 3/Y seats, air suspension etc.)…

S and Y are very different vehicles. Can't see many switching between them.

The S/X have a much higher level of finish depending on exact age/spec) from trim, carbon fibre/ leather inlay and adjustable suspension.

And if you currently have an S or X, I can't see many selling them as there just isn't much else around that can match the performance.

Reactions: meloccom
S and Y are very different vehicles. Can't see many switching between them.

The S/X have a much higher level of finish depending on exact age/spec) from trim, carbon fibre/ leather inlay and adjustable suspension.

And if you currently have an S or X, I can't see many selling them as there just isn't much else around that can match the performance.

My boss (sorry I mean my wife) will give up her late 2018 Model X for a 2023 Model X Plaid....she's feeling generous ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Tension and moa999