Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model s sentry mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel the same way. Why are the flag ship products not getting this update at the same time or before the Model 3? Is there some technical issue?

Maybe because of the sheer numbers of Model 3s driving around in California’s epidemic break in areas being targeted?? Would think there would be modifications to the Sentry software to customize to each model, so it might make sense to work on the largest group of applicable cars first.

Even if Model S has been out longer and selling for years, I know our 3/2017 AP 2 MS won’t get TeslaCam. Not sure about Sentry Mode on it but think it’s excluded due to the level of AP hardware needed (AP 2.5). The MS is my husband’s car so don’t follow the changes as closely to say for sure. If not, there would be an even smaller subset of Model S owners that it would apply to.

Last edited:
still more bugs to quash and possibly additional features to add...

On one hand I like to think that, but on the other hand, is that the Model 3 is the semi-mass-market car and sadly that will get all the attention when it comes to software.

Maybe because of the sheer numbers of Model 3s driving around in California’s epidemic break in areas being targeted??

Well, there is a wider release for 3 now outside California so...

02/25/2019 04:25 PM 2019.5.4 4c3c414 2018.50.6 4ec03ed 3 Virginia United States 2.5

Would think there would be modifications to the Sentry software to customize to each model, so it might make sense to work on the largest group of applicable cars first.

Maybe, but as I mentioned earlier, then the S/X will be behind when there are more things to come as well, because 3 will be or is the largest group...

Last edited:
Reactions: MelaniainLA
On one hand I like to think that, but on the other hand, is that the Model 3 is the semi-mass-market car and sadly that will get all the attention when it comes to software.

That’s very likely true. That said, AP-related features will go to all. The only thing S/X won’t likely get is the “Uber”-like Tesla Network. I don’t think anyone with these $$ cars will want strangers sitting in them!

Reactions: emmz0r
That’s very likely true. That said, AP-related features will go to all. The only thing S/X won’t likely get is the “Uber”-like Tesla Network. I don’t think anyone with these $$ cars will want strangers sitting in them!

Yeah I personally would never hand my car over to any ride sharing service. My car is mine so to speak :)

In Norway I have seen Model 3 with NoA (I tried one ! ) but my S doesn't have it enabled even if I am on wifi every night and the 3 isn't.

Well, there is a wider release for 3 now outside California so...

02/25/2019 04:25 PM 2019.5.4 4c3c414 2018.50.6 4ec03ed 3 Virginia United States 2.5

Maybe, but as I mentioned earlier, then the S/X will be behind when there are more things to come as well, because 3 will be or is the largest group...

I think for the time being that is and could be true. Right now the Model 3 is the new baby so getting the attention and it still has a way to go with variations (I suspect the Model X owners will be feeling some of the same things when the scaled down Model Y comes out). That said I also assume that a lot of what is in the Model 3 that they are developing will be utilized or modified for a refreshed Model S/X. I think they will keep the MS/X as their signature high end model (well except for the Roadster 2.0) and when the refresh happens will get some specialty stuff distinctive to it. Switching back as a driver between our two cars reminds me why I love each one so much.

Reactions: emmz0r
The firmware at least for MCU 2 shouldn't be that different. But I guess the model 3, S and X have each their different branches / codebases.

This is what we are missing guys:

Ep4dLMa.png

Sentry mode blue balls- Checking only 10x a day. Looks like very few cars to date have received it....:cool: Up there with my imaginary Spoiler!

Why drive yourself crazy checking? Don't you have your phone's Tesla app set to push notifications? Nice that you can also start the install from your phone instead of going out to your car.

Update 2019.8.3 last night on our Model S.

update notification - 1.jpg

Last edited: