Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S sightings in Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday a friend called me from his car as he was behind a black model S on the QEW. Then today my daughter sent me this pic from Caledon Ski club.

IMG_3492_1024.jpg

Last edited:
Are we allowed to spot our own cars? :) This was mine up in Minden, Ontario yesterday for winter driving training. Learned a lot about RWD, impacts of traction control and regen breaking on ice while I was there. They also took some video as well for the Toronto Star.

IMG_7969.jpg

Driving along Bloor around Bathurst St this afternoon when another Red Sig passed in the other direction. We each had a quick wave with each other. I could see he had "green plates" with a low number.
I saw a Red Sig about 6 weeks ago after I was exiting the QEW in Oakville.
My other most recent sighting probably doesn't count. I was cutting through Yorkdale's parking lot to get to the highway and the grey demo car was pulling out of valet parking for a test drive. The lady driver and the gentleman host both gave me a big wave as I passed and they followed me to the 401.
It will be great to continue to see more and more Model S sightings in Toronto. I was at the service shop yesterday and several black and white vehicles were being prep'd for delivery.
Seeing a Model S will certainly not be as rare as seeing Roadsters in the wild.

We've had five different Model S's charge at our office station... if I haven't lost count! Two of them are from out of town.

IMG_1229.JPG

IMG_1553.JPG

IMG_1556.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

I know of at least a dozen locally-owned Model S's - either already delivered or about to be. I'm sure there are more. So far I've only randomly come across one of them.

I think I just had my first "in the wild" sighting of a Model S! It was a Sig Red model in Brampton driving southbound on Main St. (Hwy 10) turning onto Elgin Drive. This was at about 12:40 pm on Saturday. (If you saw me, I was driving the Blue Model S turning on to Main St. Southbound from Elgin).

Was it driving east? Could it have been blue rather than black? From a distance sometimes it's hard to tell. If so, it was probably mine. :)

Later, around midnight, had my first sighting of another S in the wild. A red signature with green plates pulled onto the westbound Gardiner onramp at York St right in front of us.

050.JPG

A few minutes after that, a young guy in an ICE with Quebec plates was hanging out the passenger side window waving to us and taking pictures with his phone. That was the third time in one day that we saw someone in another car taking pictures of our S. The amount of attention this thing gets is unbelievable.

The more people see these cars out on the road, the sooner electric will become normal.

Alex

That was definitely you Alex, welcome to TMC! I've seen the blue colour before at the Get Amped tour and liked the depth of it, nice choice. It does look close to black, especially at night.

It made me smile to see all the heads turn on the sidewalk as you passed by.

A blue Model S parked across from me in the TD Centre parking lot today. Any chance this was you LexyHiker?

There's an EV charging station planned for the P1 level of this garage in the coming months. I've suggested they go with a 90A unit, we'll see what actually gets installed. It'll be useful for last minute range charges ahead of a Friday night trip to the cottage for the weekend.

Dark Blue 1.jpeg
Dark Blue 2.jpeg

A blue Model S parked across from me in the TD Centre parking lot today. Any chance this was you LexyHiker?

That looks a lot like my car (but it isn't!) I was parked for a few days in the EV slots at Brookfield Place (Front St. just west of Yonge) last week and wondered if it would show up here. :smile: My car was dirty due to the weather, and each day there were hand prints on the windows and doors from what I assume must have been people checking it out.

that was me. i have been a long time lurker on the boards, but this would be my first post. i work in the building and i have admired your car on many occasions. the color is fantastic. glad to hear that they are installing a charging station. i asked about that at the beginning of march when i got the Model S, but at that time they said they were not aware of any plans.

There's an EV charging station planned for the P1 level of this garage in the coming months. I've suggested they go with a 90A unit, we'll see what actually gets installed. It'll be useful for last minute range charges ahead of a Friday night trip to the cottage for the weekend.

View attachment 19132View attachment 19133

Welcome to TMC cjchome! Just yesterday I was wondering how long it would be before I saw the first Model S parked at TD Centre. That was quick! :smile:

Great to have another Tesla in the building, I hope to cross paths with you soon.