Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Signature Red - S2108 - Canada - 38,500km - $85k - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S Signature Red - S2108 - Canada - 38,500km - $85k

While normally I would tell you that selling this car would be the last thing I would do we recently received news that my wife was accepted into med school in New Zealand. With $250,000 of tuition fees headed our way not to mention a move to the other side of the world I am going to have to give up the most awesome car in the world to help make her dream come true. Driving it has been a pure delight, even in Toronto traffic when I'm not bypassing all of the other drivers in the HOV lane as a single driver. The precise control, smooth acceleration and the number of looks you get from those that recognize why this vehicle is special is a great feeling. As a shareholder, owner and now with a family member working for Tesla I am all-in - but for now I will have to give this aspect up and look forward to a Model X on the other side of the world.

The vehicle has the 21" performance summer tires and 19" winter tires on rims. The alternate set is stored with the Tesla Service Center in Toronto and storage is paid up to the next swap.

Chances are you are looking at this listings because you know how great the Model S is as well as the company behind it. By picking up this extremely limited edition model (less than 200 in Canada, less than 1,000 in the US), you will be part of the Signature edition club. The Signature Red paint color will never be available again (and it looks really good IMHO).

Being a Signature edition it came loaded with almost all of the options available on the initial production runs including:

85 kWh Battery, Standard Tuning
Signature Red Multi-coat Paint - Will never be made available for general production cars
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Silver Turbine Wheels (summer) and 19" Wheel/Winter Tire Package (winter)
Black Nappa Leather Seats
Lacewood Decor
Supercharger Enabled
Dual Chargers
Tech Package
Smart Air Suspension
Fog Lamps
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Alcantara Headliner
Extended Nappa Leather Trim
Premium Interior Lighting
Parcel Shelf
Paint Armor
Lloyds Mats Rubertite Custom Mats
Mobile Connector with NEMA 5-15 and NEMA 14-50 Adapters
Coleman Cable 10/3 25 Foot Extension Cord with Lighted End

Tesla is well known for offering retrofitting where possible so if you see a more recent option that you would like I would be happy to ask if that is available as an upgrade.

In addition to the stock items I have Lloyd Rubbertite Custom Mats installed through out the car and trunks to keep the Canadian winter out. You will also receive a heavy gauge 110V/12A extension cord to keep the battery warm when you are traveling in northern Ontario when temps dip below the -20C weather like you would a block heater on a gas car.

The vehicle has about 38,500km (23,925 miles) - mostly highway on it. This will increase a bit as I use it for my commute while waiting for you to pick up the phone and tell me that you are ready to join in the automotive revolution. Warranty is valid for another three years or until it reaches 80,000km. The battery warranty is unlimited number of kilometers. If you are going to own this for as long as I planned to you can also get an extended service agreement for an additional 4 years and 80,000km - this is an option that you have until 30 days after the warranty expires to take advantage of.

The VIN number is 5YJSA1DNXCFS02108.

List Date: 11/24/2013

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Model S Signature Red - S2108 - Canada - 38,500km - $85k
--------------------------------------
SOLD

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

mwDcpjEYFUQt2.jpg
UMvBDZ8ed32J2.jpg
qPthBdwAqANH2.jpg
8dtYsTDb1kgk2.jpg
qT0caahRAx0J2.jpg

Q: Why should I buy a Signature edition?

Signature owners know how special this car and company are as they have been committed for quite some time. The production run had a lot of oversight from the engineering team and Elon himself which has resulted in a fantastic experience. When evaluating against a new purchase this car has a unique color that will never be available again and Signature badging. The package includes both summer and winter tires along with custom Lloyd Rubertite mats which have been installed since day one (the OEM mats are also included). At this point we have had no charge for some of the premium services like the 3G connectivity. While they can’t put it in writing there is also a certain recognition you get when you roll into the shop for your annual service that you are a Signature owner in addition to the odd invite to special events put on by Tesla.

Q: How soon can I get it?

If you have a certified payment method in hand is today too soon?

Q: Is it certified for the US?

The sticker on the inside of the driver door only makes mention of Canadian safety standards. I can't speak for what this means when it comes to importing into the US, but I have to believe we can't be all that far off. During manufacturing I know one of the things that did delay our production was the addition of daytime running lights and an immobilizer for Canadian safety standards. Sounds like our standards may even be a little safer than our neighbours to the south. ;)

Q: Has the car been in an accident?

No. The paint armour has three hair-thin marks from pebbles on the road as you would expect with regular use.

Q: Have you had any issues?

No, the car has operated as expected. During the annual service several service bulletins were applied to the car, mostly along the lines of replacing adhesives and clips that have not performed to Tesla's standard. The front windshield defrost grill was also replaced with a new design because the engineering team felt that they could do better. This is just one example as to why I think Tesla rocks - other car companies would have told you to buy the next model year while Tesla makes it right on the fundamentals.

Q: What about warranty?

Tesla will gladly double the factory warranty for about $4k up until 30 days after the original warranty expires. At this point with relatively minor issues I am still on the fence as to whether this is actually worth it. The joy of electric is there is very little to go wrong when compared to a modern gas car with all of the fuel savings hacks in the engine.

Q: What about other options available today?

Unlike traditional car companies Tesla has been known to retrofit where possible. If I did not order a feature that you are interested in then let me know and I can work with the Tesla Service Centre to find out if/when a retrofit is available.

Q: What is the difference between the 2012 and 2013?

Nothing really - once again, Tesla does generations not model years. Instead of getting stuck in the model year blowout cycle that traditional manufacturers have Tesla focuses on building a great car for a couple of years while making a significant enough leap in the next one. As such you won't feel left out by incremental changes year-after-year.

Q: What is the range like?

Rated this car is designed to go about 430km on a full charge. Right now a maximum range charge is showing up around 410km. This is likely due to the cold weather as well as the battery usage. Most of the miles have been highway miles and my understanding from reading the TeslaMotorsClub.com forum is that in the first year a 5% loss in range is typical.

Real world range depends on how you drive - no different than a gas car. If you are harder on the accelerator you will burn through more battery. Reading stories in the TeslaMotorsClub.com forums you will see people who have pushed this car well beyond rated range. Rated range is based on around 190-195 wH/km from what I can gather. That is a pretty easy number to get during spring through fall climate on the highway or open road (we saw as low as 150 wH/km average over a 50km segment during our trips to Sudbury). In the winter you typically will see 225-250 wH/km with cabin climate controls on. With the 85 kWh battery you have lots of range so on a daily basis I wouldn't be looking at trying to keep within rated range if you are doing 300km or less of driving. Since last December we averaged around 215 wH/km if that helps. Going with the largest battery and using the 80% standard charge allows for the recharge to make the most of rotating cells and such.

For my daily commute between Hamilton and Toronto I have no worries about range given the 85 kWh battery and can do the round trip twice before needing to look for charging (which is easy thanks to PlugShare.com). On longer road trips such as a visit to family in Sudbury we only have to stop for a half hour or so in Parry Sound for a quick charge which is a perfect spot for lunch and to stretch the legs.