Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
photo 1-1.JPG
photo 2-1.JPG

Installed Version 4.3 (1.25.45) yesterday without any problems.

The best improvement that I can see is that the fob operation is much more consistent in presenting the handles. Previously I would sometimes walk up to the car and nothing would happen. I'd move closer to the mirror, sometimes that would work. And sometimes I'd have to push the button on the fob.

Michael

Edit: I'm very annoyed at Tesla. My textile car has had the reverse mirror tilt option removed with this update.

Last edited:
[QUOTE/]Edit: I'm very annoyed at Tesla. My textile car has had the reverse mirror tilt option removed with this update.[/QUOTE]

You probably still have auto-tilt, you just have to reset it. Sometimes the software patch wipes your auto-tilt position memory.

Shift into reverse, adjust mirrors how you want, then save your new settings. When you shift back into drive the mirrors should tilt back up to your driving position.

I already got 4.3. Today when I plugged in to charge, I was notified I had another update. I scheduled the update (for after my charge was done) and my charge time jumped from 4 hours to 5 hours... after about 5 minutes the time slowly dropped back to 4 hours.
this must be an incremental update. probably moving me from .40 to .45

Installed Version 4.3 (1.25.45) yesterday without any problems.

Edit: I'm very annoyed at Tesla. My textile car has had the reverse mirror tilt option removed with this update.

C'mon, you have been following these threads since August, 2012, and the temporary loss of reverse tilt mirrors has you very annoyed... Okay okay but you know this is temporary. And obviously you should only be driving forward until 4.3.1.

let us know how this is resolved; wondering if even a screen reboot might refresh (rebirth) your tilt button.

I know I (and perhaps) others used to "lazily" refer to 4.2 as ...42 but I think we need to start listing the full version number again.

My car upgraded from 1.19.42 to 1.25.35 (so ...42 to ...35 is confusing at best). I'm still on 1.25.35 as of 04/04/2013.

Yesterday we received the 4.3 update notice. Before we had a chance to do the update, my wife dropped the car off to have the moisture problem in the rear taillight fixed. Upon picking up the car the tech reminded her about the update and told her that once that was done, there was another update that they needed to do in the shop that would take 45 minutes. Since I wasn't there I couldn't ask what the update is. Anyone else hear about this?

Yesterday we received the 4.3 update notice. Before we had a chance to do the update, my wife dropped the car off to have the moisture problem in the rear taillight fixed. Upon picking up the car the tech reminded her about the update and told her that once that was done, there was another update that they needed to do in the shop that would take 45 minutes. Since I wasn't there I couldn't ask what the update is. Anyone else hear about this?

Why not just call them and ask?