Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about an additional type of cruise control? i.e. Energy-based. So say I could dial in 300Wh/mile, and then let the car speed be automatically adjusted based on other conditions (temperature, wind, ascent, etc).

I think this would be problematic with other traffic. Speed based makes more sense, IMHO. I'd love adaptive/radar cruise though.

While driving ~200 miles from home to KC this weekend on the hilly Ozarks roads it came to me that the Model S should automatically switch to the "Low" Regen setting while the cruise control is engaged. This would prevent the unnecessary and overly aggressive slowing on the downhill sections.

Evan, Via Tapatalk

exactly. I think wherever you program it, it gives some kind of buffer around the location and then triggers it on the edge of that buffer.

Exactly. I have multiple garage doors, so I reprogrammed one of the 3 from a location up the street. The menu drops down when I am further from my house, and only one button is shown Green (the other 2 are gray). All 3 function, however, and my garage approach is such that my openers can hear the signal just fine from further away. (My garage is a side-load, and I approach the house from the left, but pull into the garage from the right).

A benefit to only reprogramming one button is that the other 2 buttons' buffers include the garage itself, so the menu opens at the garage door (for 2 buttons), and also up the street (for 1 button).

I'd like to be able to set the buffer radius size, as suggested previously. However, reprogramming one button from further away is a reasonable workaround.

Air conditioning vents in the trunk area - needed for jump seats or putting a pet in the back.

Also a 12v (cigarette lighter) or 110v plug in the back for a vacuum or pump. A Toyota hybrid Estima minivan I got in Tokyo 10 years ago had two 100v (Japan standard) outlets, one in the front seat and the others in the rear luggage area, which was very convenient.

Some of these have already been mentioned, but that just means I'm voting for them too, right?

1) Send to maps from my phone. Both as an option in Google / iOS maps, and from the clipboard via the Tesla app.

2) Better iOS media library support, including navigation. My $120 JVC head unit in my other car does better than my Model S.

3) Make homelink pop up larger in the upper app window when near, rather than dropdown.

4) Weather radar overlay on Nav

5) Pandora Radio support

6) "iOS in the Car" support

7) Push notification support to the iPhone app when done charging.

Last edited:
+1 for iOS in the car
+1 for weather overlay on Nav

Add:
Ability to shuffle songs in a selected genre, artist, etc.
Social reporting of road hazards, speed enforcement locations, etc. (a la Waze)

Someone suggested to me the Superchargers on the map should have some indication of availability. Such as 7 of 10 bays available. PlugShare does this with Blink chargers now.

An indication such as this for EVSE/Supercharger availability would be very helpful!!

photo123.png

My requests:
+1 for a way to get Siri or other phone voice support. ie double click the voice button (and keep click and hold for the car's voice system). This could evolve to Siri Hands Free too...
+1 for iOS in the car. Just add an app that provides a 1/2 screen for iOS integration. Although this could cause problems with the existing Phone and Audio apps -- so there may have to be a preference on which one to use if you have iOS in the car enabled...
+1 on shuffle support for whatever selection you have (entire library, genre, artist, album, etc).
+1 on an individual wheel tire pressure display
+1 on working with Google to incorporate Waze info on the Nav map (for those that don't know, Google bought Waze this week...).

One minor change i would add on the maps display is that the Zoom In/Out and Satellite and Traffic buttons be moved from the right side of the screen to the left side. It doesnt change anything in terms of blocking information but it would be much more convenient to press those buttons on the left side, closer to the driver. Same goes for the Center Arrow on My current Location and the Charger location buttons. Just more ergonomic than reaching further to the right side of the screen.

perhaps this has been touched on, but to reiterate would love TESLA to have a security lock on the settings screen...such as locking remote access ON/OFF with a numerical password similar to a smartphone. ie..don't want valet joy riding in my car.

Firmware Wish List For Battery Swapping 4.X?

Now that we know Battery swapping will be happening this year what new Firmware/UI features do you want?

Here are just a few.
-Capability to let Tesla know I intend to do a battery swap
-Display cost options for available batteries at the swap station
-The ability to request a battery in similar condition to mine so I don't have to return to re-swap it.
-Show available Swapping Stations in my area

As an alternative to scheduled charging that allows me to indicate when charging should start, it would be nice to indicate when I want charging to complete. For example, I'd like to make sure my car is fully charged just before I leave for work every day, so instead of saying "start charging in the middle of the night," I would rather say "start charging at whatever time necessary to complete the charge at 5:00am."

Chevrolet Volt has that feature.

As an alternative to scheduled charging that allows me to indicate when charging should start, it would be nice to indicate when I want charging to complete. For example, I'd like to make sure my car is fully charged just before I leave for work every day, so instead of saying "start charging in the middle of the night," I would rather say "start charging at whatever time necessary to complete the charge at 5:00am."

Chevrolet Volt has that feature.