Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hrm, I'm sorry you feel that way. I was told that the timing of our voting helped solidify planned changes to 7.1, although no one would confirm that the voting was a root cause. I don't know this for a fact, but I can't help but wonder if they are waiting on us to bring the most popular ones to the top again. Remember, we had at least three changes that were popular suggestions that made in into the last release.

Anyway, I don't think it hurts anything to do it again. I would only be disparaging if we did it several times and nothing we suggested made it in. I also don't think Tesla wants a public confirmation that the users have too much of a say in the process because then they could come across as unfocused. But I understand if they have trouble allocating resources because there is just so much to do.

This is one of those things that even in "off the record" conversations, Tesla still plays coy. But I am choosing to believe that they listened. With Korbin's permission/assistance, I'd like to get the old list up somewhere for an update and possibly even compare/merge it with any other popular lists that are out there. Does this specific thread have an organized list somewhere?

Edit: If we do this again, I was thinking we only have two lists. The 1st would be for all categories of new features, and the second would be tweaks/changes to existing features. A great example of this would be A. Playlist support to media player, and B. Auto-retract side-mirrors when auto-homelink engages. At least I think that seems like a good idea.

Sorry, I won't be participating this time either. As far as I was able to determine no decision makers at Tesla saw our report (if I'm wrong please tell me who) and I don't recall seeing any of our top items relating to media player or navigation making it into 7.1 or subsequent updates either. It also took a lot of time. I think Tesla has their priority list already set for a long time ahead and their resources are limited. I'd rather have them fix what they started anyway. New stuff later. Sorry but good luck!

1.Improve the Tesla "google" navigation to fully match with all the route options
that we have on an ordinary iPhone Google maps App.
2. Able to have favorit phone numbers stored - better yett have the car asking us if a number beeing frequently used if we would like to store it to favorits in the car.
3. Able to have different driver power profiles - not just Valemode- as some whats to restrict power and speed for younger family user. I have some friends having to sell there Tesla because of for their better half feeling the care is to agressive and not wanting to use it - happy wife happy life! And it can be profile saved and or password protected.
PerS

Also that making adjustments to the subwoofer settings separately - with todays compressed music - were rhe highs and lows are compressed down together to get more loundness that again gives us more booom and less detail -even more so on mp3 stations. Ultra Hifi should be able to do that- all other top end car audio system has this - even my e-Golf.

MUSIC STORED ON USB DRIVES:
Music files that the Tesla audio system is not compatible is played with loud hissing noise - it should be easy to at least mute the file or that it pops up as uncompatible and jumps to next trach

MEDIA PLAYER SHOULD READ THE VOLUME LABEL FROM THE USB STORAGE MEDIA. Naming them USB1/2/3/4/6/7/8 is not helpful, especially when the stupid media player rescans every night and they all get shuffled around.

With > 1,000 contacts in my addressbook, I have too scroll a lot (voice recognition has an > 80% failure rate). Therefor I was happy with the 'favorites list' in my BMW. Why doesn't Tesla import the Favorites from my iPhone? With a favorites list I can scroll through say a 20 persons I call the most.

Reactions: BEEZR