Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Tesla would call it prioritizing.rahter than ignoring.

Though I do agree some of these long standing mostly minor issues that seem to cause a disproportionate level of angst would seem to require relatively little effort to sort.

Cheap wins available Tesla, how about putting a small team together tasked with driving out these nits and niggles.

Reactions: neroden
Man, I am really starting to curse my car EVERY SINGLE time I get in, when the media player RANDOMLY picks an audio source on my phone.

I have no idea if it will choose the music player, Podcasts, or Audible. I've been trying to discern a pattern or reason, but regardless of what I try or do, it's a total crapshoot what it will choose.. and the worst part is that it ALWAYS auto-starts. Which means, if I hit "PAUSE" before I get out of the car, and then get out and then open the back door to get stuff out, it starts playing again! It's even worse if I'm showing my car to people, and opening and closing doors.. the audio is starting and stopping constantly. And always losing my place.

So EVERY SINGLE FREAKING TIME, I get in the car, I have to go back to the app I was using, and figure out what part I last heard, and start there.

Oh, and with Podcasts and Audible, many times it doesn't start on the book or podcast I was listening to last.. it selects a random one and starts playing that.

Come on Tesla, you really can't spend a day or two fixing these things?

• Love
Reactions: GreenT and neroden
Tesla will add automatic “enter/exit” seat positions in future software update after Twitter request

Nice that Tesla is going to do this. I'll certainly prefer it over my manual enter/exit profiles, as it's what I was accustomed to as a standard feature in my former Lexus, MBZ and BMW for many years before consolidating to my MS

...but for me, it's sad it took a Tweet to finally make this happen, when this has been a known requirement from some owners for years, has been communicated via what some believed was the appropriate email feedback channel (servicehelpna), and this community has documented requirements in threads like this for a very long time -- even providing thoughtfully consolidated and prioritized feedback to Tesla (from more than 300 owners in late 2015 for broader requirements; last year for Media Player/USB issues, and perhaps others IDK.)

Hopefully this change is a sign of better things to come with Tesla improving their listening skills and consideration of actual owner requirements.

What features would you like Tesla to add in future versions of the firmware?

One minor feature I'd like to see is for the Model S to recognize via GPS when I'm close to home or any other location where I have a HomeLink signal saved and bring up the window on the 17" screen to open the garage door.

when you turn on blinker, review camera opens, so you can check your blind spot.
Front camera can be used like rear camera for parking when you enter a narrow garage when sun glare makes it hard to see.

Link "Individual Spotify account" to different "Driver Profile"

Now we need to logout and re-login to switch spotify profile and that takes time.
So now when my dad drive the car, he will use my Spotify profile, and the song stopped as I am using my spotify in another device (home computer/ mobile) (because spotify allow you to play in 1 device only at a time)

I'd suggest just using Spotify on your phones via bluetooth and not bother with the built-in Spotify.

Leave the car logged into the most used account... and then use bluetooth for the other as needed.
Why stop there? When you're frustrated with the deficiencies of any built-in, paid for component of your Tesla just put it on a car carrier and drive that around. ;)

My turn to shout into the wind. It's true - $120K and you'd think Elon could throw us a bone or two...

* XM Stations does not show folders
* Waypoints in navigation
* PlugShare integrated
* Distance scale on navigation screen
* Wiper intermittent function improvement
* Speed-sensitive radio volume
* Speed limit exceeded icon indication is ludicrous
* Keyboard CAPS/lower case distinction
* Separate valet codes for drivers
* Driver assistance settings don't follow drivers
* Separate volume settings per input
* Default to low volume setting on startup