Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although I'll admit to using the same "logic" myself, I can't honestly construct any rational argument for the "acceptable" amount by which one can/should exceed the speed limit being a fraction of the posted limit. Surely no one would say with a straight face that highway departments consistently understate the "proper" speed by a fixed %.
Hello, Roger. I'm not sure if I'm just missing sarcasm here. In any event, Tesla is already offering the ability to set speeds above the posted limits, so the 'percentage above' option simply makes that a safer choice than an absolute number of mph above the limit

Hello, Roger. I'm not sure if I'm just missing sarcasm here. In any event, Tesla is already offering the ability to set speeds above the posted limits, so the 'percentage above' option simply makes that a safer choice than an absolute number of mph above the limit
I'm questioning the assumption that % is safer than constant, though really assuming that either is automatically safe is problematic. How sure are you that the same cop who'll give you a pass for 60.5 in a 55 zone will give you a pass for 88 in an 80 zone? Though I suppose since there's really no "right" answer it wouldn't hurt to give people a choice, other than the attendant extra UI complexity.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
1) The ability to enter a Charge % number instead of the scroll bar.
2) The ability to completely schedule your charge times. In my case start at 11PM Monday -Friday. Stop at 7 AM Monday-Friday. Stop at 3PM Saturday and Sunday and Start at 7PM Saturday and Sunday. (BTW- you can do this in a Prius!)
3) Trickle charging during allowed charge periods to make up for parasitic losses.

What features would you like Tesla to add in future versions of the firmware?

One minor feature I'd like to see is for the Model S to recognize via GPS when I'm close to home or any other location where I have a HomeLink signal saved and bring up the window on the 17" screen to open the garage door.

I wish non auto pilot cars update the screen behind the steering wheel and use the backup cam for sentry mode!

Letting you do with the app this: ‘start charging at xx:xx a.m. and stop charging at xx:xx a.m.

I don’t understand why such a simple thing isn’t supported on the Official App but is supported by 3rd party Apps like ‘Dashboard for Tesla’, which sadly is not available for iOS.

Also, CarPlay support would be nice.

Reactions: R1Bill
Having the ability to reduce the sensitivity of the “trigger” on sentry mode to wait to see if a “key” is close OR the vehicle is touched, BEFORE it saves a suite of recordings.

Looking through the many files when it records people just walking by doesn’t make good use of anyone’s time.