Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it will be ignored because they don't develop for Model S/X anymore but having the option to search through contacts on the phone app would be great. Also When selecting a contact from IC, I want to be able to not only select the first letter but I want to type with letters and narrow the options down as I type more letters. If I just type J when I want to call someone, there are lots of people that have names starting with J but if I write J-A there are less people whose names start with JA. If I want I can type a third letter and narrow it down even more. BMW has this in their iDrive. This would be stupidly easy to implement for Tesla too, if they'd just listen.

Also weather and calculator apps would be great.

Reactions: evp
On the contacts, you can just voice your contact name. Easier than all that typing while driving.

For a 3rd party collections of apps try EVE for Tesla It's not free but it may have what you want. They have both weather and Calculator widgets. EVE For Tesla | Premier Dashboard Experience For Your Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X, Tesla Model III | Powered by Evolved Vehicle Environments

SiriusXM has Travel Link but don't bother. They claim it works on a Tesla but I spent a week with Their tech support and nothing worked right. They could not figure out why.

For weather radar supered over a navigation map with traffic alerts and cops etc like waze, try this app in the Tesla Web Browser:
Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information

It's free too.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank42
Tesla needs to open source the console UI code and hand the keys over to the world to do a better job.

Can you imagine the car that Tesla would have if they open sourced the console UI and gave out root to the MCU OS ? There would be so many developers working on it your head would spin.

There could be several different flavors of the console UI, apps, etc. It would be fantastic. Tesla would own the car world because end users would have control or at least a say in what got done and how it got done.

Please change the air conditioning button (the fan symbol) to bring up the air-conditioning controls without switching on the air conditioning. If you want to switch on air-con all you need to do is touch the temperature label or fan controls. However if all I want to do is switch on rear butt warmers or the steering wheel heater, I don't want to also have to switch on the air con and then have to press the off button (because I don't want the aircon on), after I've brought up that panel by touching the fan icon.

Last edited:
Absolutely. I don't have NoA so I am unfamiliar but good point to bring up. I don't really see a reason why they couldn't allow more customization range.
I don't see why the default is not already the number of blinks it reasonably takes to change lanes. Three blinks doesn't even cover the 200 feet you should (theoretically) signal before starting a lane change.

Reactions: artx55
Would love to have a volume setting between current 0 and 1. Sometimes 1 is just too loud - I get complaints about volume and then have to turn music off. There are so many volume settings between 1-2, 2-3, etc. so it should be easy to just redistribute the scale.

my contacts are synced but it never even attempts to call a contact using voice command. That just doesn’t work. Like someone wrote a function that just returns 1.

Should be easier to switch to phone input and back. Too many clicks and it’s unsafe. Maybe prompt the user with on screen message rather than going through menus.

I’d like my rear door handles to stop pinching my hand when I’m trying to open the door even though car is unlocked and I just got out of the front seat/door. There is absolutely no useful reason why it should be retracting the handle.

why does navigation voice now has to be turned on every single time? It used to just stay on and at the volume previously selected. Why not turn on voice if driver sets a navigation destination? This one is really wtf.

hvac recirculate setting is just about random. Sometimes it’ll stay on overnight, sometimes will not. Sometimes you exit car and it’s on, when you get back it’s either on or off, take a guess.

pushing voice command button, sometimes it’ll take input before beep, and sometimes not. Sometimes it beeps right away and sometimes can be 5s...

What’s with all the random behavior of hvac, door handles, voice command?

Would love to have a volume setting between current 0 and 1. Sometimes 1 is just too loud - I get complaints about volume and then have to turn music off. There are so many volume settings between 1-2, 2-3, etc. so it should be easy to just redistribute the scale.

my contacts are synced but it never even attempts to call a contact using voice command. That just doesn’t work. Like someone wrote a function that just returns 1.

Should be easier to switch to phone input and back. Too many clicks and it’s unsafe. Maybe prompt the user with on screen message rather than going through menus.

I’d like my rear door handles to stop pinching my hand when I’m trying to open the door even though car is unlocked and I just got out of the front seat/door. There is absolutely no useful reason why it should be retracting the handle.

why does navigation voice now has to be turned on every single time? It used to just stay on and at the volume previously selected. Why not turn on voice if driver sets a navigation destination? This one is really wtf.

hvac recirculate setting is just about random. Sometimes it’ll stay on overnight, sometimes will not. Sometimes you exit car and it’s on, when you get back it’s either on or off, take a guess.

pushing voice command button, sometimes it’ll take input before beep, and sometimes not. Sometimes it beeps right away and sometimes can be 5s...

What’s with all the random behavior of hvac, door handles, voice command?
Be thankful it's just your hand getting pinched and not some other part of you....

bonsoir, ce serait super d'avoir un lecteur video type VLC qui puisse nous permettre de regarder nos propres video ou photos que nous stockons sur notre smartphone ou bien SSD. tout cela n'étant utilisable qu'en mode P évidemment.
merci