Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What the person was referring to during your test drive was the creation of an "Exit" driver profile. You simply create a new driver profile named "Exit" (or anything else you like) and move the seat all the way back and the steering wheel all the way up for that profile. Then, before you exit the car, you select the "Exit" profile, and everything will adjust. Whichever driver then gets in the driver's seat next would simply select their own driver profile.

While I use the "Exit" workaround, we shouldn't have to do this. Even very inexpensive cars automatically move up the steering wheel and seat back when you turn it off (and for us it would be just going to "park"). A related but annoying thing is when you get into the car in a garage and press your profile to get the steering wheel and seat to adjust to your preference, the homelink button turns off (because you touched the driver profile to set up the seat). So after you go out of the garage, you have to hit the homelink button to bring up the next button to close the garage. The set up should have the home link showing the garage door button when I am in the geofence, regardless of touching another button like the driver profile.

Hopefully, no one has mentioned this already and it should be easy to do with the available hardware. When the low tire pressure indicator goes off, I wish the car would tell you which tire it was and as an added bonus - perceived tire pressure by the system.

Hopefully, no one has mentioned this already and it should be easy to do with the available hardware. When the low tire pressure indicator goes off, I wish the car would tell you which tire it was and as an added bonus - perceived tire pressure by the system.

You could hope, but this has been mentioned and discussed dozens of times. (Sometimes searching works better than hoping. :) )

You're right that the audio system could be tweaked.

My list includes:

- Audyssey DynamicEQ or some similar DSP technology to give me the desired frequency responses at all volume levels. As it sits, it sounds great in the medium-to-high volume level, but at low volume level it lacks in the low-end and at high volume levels it starts to distort.

- EQ presets for style of music and tastes. Not that I can't dial my own, but knowing what the audio engineers picked for a given situation would be handy.

- ANR. Optionally use the microphone to measure cabin noise levels and generate active noise cancelling through the audio system. It should be transparent to the passengers, but it would lower perceived ambient road noise. You could turn it off it you wanted to. We've been doing this in headphones for years and years and it doesn't take a lot of DSP resources to pull it off.

- Spacializers or other audio environment enhancements to deepen the audio sound stage. They'd be optional, of course, but a full-featured DSP would be fun to play with.

- ANR. Optionally use the microphone to measure cabin noise levels and generate active noise cancelling through the audio system. It should be transparent to the passengers, but it would lower perceived ambient road noise. You could turn it off it you wanted to. We've been doing this in headphones for years and years and it doesn't take a lot of DSP resources to pull it off.

This would be absolutely awesome! Is something like this possible with the current hardware? If so, would it be possible to enable it for situations when music is playing, as well as when the sound system isn't actively playing anything, or would it only be one or the other? Either way, any kind of noise cancelling would be a very appreciated feature, by a lot of people.

My wish is for Tesla to program the car keys so that the profile of the driver's seat is set to the key of the person who opens the drivers door. We had this feature in our old Infiniti and it was great for my wife and me. She is a foot shorter than me and with the seat automatically moving to my specs when I open the door with my key meant that I had no difficulty entering the car. The reverse is true when my wife used her key to drive - the seat automatically set to her profile.

With the S we need to set an exit mode on the seat when you exit the car. This means you need to remember to set Exit mode each time a driver exits the car.

I know it's been mentioned before (several times), but I want to mention it again as I had to suffer this weekend without it; Camping mode! (Or some way to keep the HVAC on for more than 30 minutes) None of the reported tricks worked on my .251 car.

I know it's been mentioned before (several times), but I want to mention it again as I had to suffer this weekend without it; Camping mode! (Or some way to keep the HVAC on for more than 30 minutes) None of the reported tricks worked on my .251 car.

If you use an iPhone, the Remote S app has a camping mode option. If you use an Android phone (as I do), I can't help you.

If you use an iPhone, the Remote S app has a camping mode option. If you use an Android phone (as I do), I can't help you.
I see Remote S has button to turn on HVAC, but don't see any "camping mode" option. Do you mean that if you turn it on with Remote S it stays on until you turn it off? Do you have to keep that app open on your phone? Thanks for a bit more detail.

- - - Updated - - -

keep one of the doors open!
Not really viable if really camping/sleeping (in the mosquitos).

I see Remote S has button to turn on HVAC, but don't see any "camping mode" option. Do you mean that if you turn it on with Remote S it stays on until you turn it off? Do you have to keep that app open on your phone? Thanks for a bit more detail.

I don't use Remote S myself, as I don't have an iPhone.

The following is from the Wiki draft of the user guide:

• Camp Mode: You can find the Camp Mode button after you press on the Remote S button and scroll down. There are several conditions that must be met in order for Camp Mode to remain active. The device must be left on and unlocked, the device must remain within the cell service area, and Remote S must remain the active app. If you lock the device or switch apps, you will have less than three minutes to come back to the Remote S or Camp Mode will turn off. These are limitations set by Apple. (Apps cannot run in the background for longer than three minutes.) When Camp Mode is active you will see a countdown timer that shows when the next HVAC On command will be sent. This timer is set to run in a loop continuously until you turn off Camp Mode. This is necessary to keep Camp Mode running. Additionally, uncleared notifications will prevent Camp mode from working, so it is recommended that one should disable notifications before engaging Camp Mode.

keep one of the doors open!

Doesn't work, after 30 mins car still shuts off HVAC. This shouldn't even need a "mode". If the car knows someone is still in the car, (screen touched with all doors closed) then keep the climate controls on. Especially when connected to shore power, when there is no danger of running the battery down.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't use Remote S myself, as I don't have an iPhone.

The following is from the Wiki draft of the user guide:
Jeeze, it's a workaround for Tesla that also needs workarounds for Apple to keep working! :)

I'm using this script on my home server to keep my Tesla S active and charging:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env ruby

require 'tesla_api'

tesla_api = TeslaApi::Client.new('LOGIN', 'SECRET_KEY',  'SECRET_KEY2')
tesla_api.login!('..................')
model_s = tesla_api.vehicles.first # => <TeslaApi::Vehicle>

loop do
    puts "Starting AC"
    model_s.wake_up
    model_s.auto_conditioning_start unless model_s.climate_state["is_auto_conditioning_on"]

puts "Set charging limit to 90"
    model_s.set_charge_limit(90)
    puts "Charging"
    model_s.charge_start

charge_state = model_s.charge_state
    puts "Your Model S is #{charge_state["charging_state"]} " +
         "with a SOC of #{charge_state["battery_level"]}% " + 
         "and an estimate range of #{charge_state["est_battery_range"]} miles"

sleep(120)
end

Connecting it to IFTTT and SMS-based triggers is left as an exercise for the reader.

Bass, Mid, Treble sliders. Great. What about 'Sub'? The cheap Sony player I have in my old Alfa allows this!

As well, we should be able to digitally adjust the cutoff for the sub output. Perhaps there is an actual low-pass filter doing it, which would mean adjustment isn't possible, but I suspect it's actually done in the digital domain meaning 'completely possible'. If someone knows for sure, I'd be interested to hear...

I've got the standard audio in mine and when I had a loaner for a few days while they swapped out my 12v battery it was a P85 with the upgraded system. The only thing I really noticed that was different was that the sub crossover seemed a bit too high, and I got a bit tired of all the extra unwanted bass. (I keep the EQ sliders completely flat on my car, as well as on my stereo at home; I'm one of those nutters that likes a flat response, I guess).

My experience with the loaner convinced me I made the right move skipping the upgraded sound system; having the option to tweak the cutover for the sub might've made the experience quite better though.