Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know that there is a button on the trunk itself that you can press, right? (I'm not trying to be a wise-a...err...guy. Actually trying to be helpful here.) You can just use the button if you don't want to take out the fob or use the option on the screen.

Yes, I do know that, but we're just talking about added convenience, right? I use the controls on the screen so that the trunk is open by the time I'm there and I can grab what I need and press the button to close it.

Loosely related, one thing that gave me pause in selecting this car was lack of (not planned) Android Auto support. At the end of the day, everyone wants something different and having the ability to download an app that adds a feature or customizes a behavior is a great answer. An open API for Tesla would be the next best option but with a small market share, there would be fewer and more expense apps for things that are car-agnostic.

I know the data is closed, however I didn't see anything about the "Teenager mode" - where you can password protect driver profiles and limit performance and top speed? Maybe even distance? I was really surprised when this was not already an option.

For me, I'm not worried about teenagers, but I am renting out my P90DL, and I'd like to expand my client demographic, but I'm not going to rent my car to a 21 year old and say go have fun. However once that client had proven himself after a few rentals, then he could receive more "power" and acceleration. :)

Sorry if it has already been said (did not read all 107 pages) but some macro functionally would be nice where I could build a geotagged sequence of events.

For example, when GPS notes that I have been away and I pull into my driveway, it would open up the left garage door, fold in the mirrors, put down the front windows, pause the music, and turn on the backup camera.

Something that occurred to me last night heading up in elevation and into the snow (in the dark on a quiet secondary road), is that there is no bell or visual prompt to tell the driver that the temperature is heading down toward freezing and the road might be about to get slippery. Even my '94 Volvo 850T did that... a ding and a flashing snowflake on the display.

It wasn't until I felt a little bit of slippage that I realized the snow wasn't completely melting on the pavement the way it had been... and still appeared. That's on me of course, but the reminder wouldn't be a hugely complicated bit of programming!

Is there any hope that they will ever add key specific seat adjustments? I'm so sick of trying to get in after the wife drives. Yea yea...I know..."just set up an Enter/Exit profile". That's great the 10% of the time she remembers to use it. Seriously Tesla, I had this ability on my 2001 330i. Get with it!

Is there any hope that they will ever add key specific seat adjustments? I'm so sick of trying to get in after the wife drives. Yea yea...I know..."just set up an Enter/Exit profile". That's great the 10% of the time she remembers to use it. Seriously Tesla, I had this ability on my 2001 330i. Get with it!
This has been thrashed to death in several other threads and it is high on the list of various polls that have been taken. Most people agree that it's a very obvious omission.

I have been on to Tesla for two years on this one as had tius feature on my Infiniti. As I am 6'3" and my wife us 5'2", this feature is well worth it. The only problem would occur if we both have our keys with us as we approach the car!

It would be useful in colder climates for an option in the scheduled charging to set "finish charge by____". This would allow the car to warm up the battery to maximize regen and wouldn't need to re-adjust the start time based on how much your drove.

Could further add onto it by linking into your calendar for auto adjustments and/or climate control.

Haven't read all 107 pages, but didn't see this on the summary page:

I'd like some improvements to the traffic announcement system:

Firstly, I'd like the "you are listening to an important traffic announcement" message to tell you which radio station it's coming from; where I live I can pick up 2-3 local stations and only one is usually relevant to my journey, I have to listen for a minute or two to figure out which station it is and whether to bother

Secondly, I'd like the traffic announcement popup box to appear even if the radio app is running in the background, so you can see which station it is from and hit cancel without having to summon the radio app

Thirdly, I'd like to be able to cancel the traffic announcement without taking my hands off the wheel to hit the popup box - I'd suggest a single click of the left scroll wheel (usually mute) to do this

Fourthly, I'd like a seperate volume setting for the traffic announcement - currently if the radio/music app is muted, the announcements are muted; I'd like them to intrude even if the music is muted. And an option to turn off the announcement system if folks don't want intruding announcements (reckon we have that already)

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

(should add that my VW scirocco could do all of the above)

Cold climate request. The heated steering wheel feature is hidden under Controls|Cold Weather. There is an interior temperature sensor. If the interior temperature is below, say, 5 degrees C, the icon for the heated steering wheel would appear at the bottom of the touch screen just above the heated seats icon. This would make this icon immediately available only when needed.

Cold climate request. The heated steering wheel feature is hidden under Controls|Cold Weather. There is an interior temperature sensor. If the interior temperature is below, say, 5 degrees C, the icon for the heated steering wheel would appear at the bottom of the touch screen just above the heated seats icon. This would make this icon immediately available only when needed.
Or use the button on the end of the cruise control stalk... which would be very much like how Benz controlled it. I agree, it would be nice to have easier access to it. I find that I often don't bother using the steering wheel heat because I don't like taking my eyes off the road to go through the touch screen. A first-world problem no question, but still a problem.

Perhaps already mentioned (quickly look through the thread but didn't find) :

- sound or display a message on the dash if 1) hitting accelerator when in neutral or 2) switching to neutral when driving more than 5 mph

Can avoid some frights if it's happening at freeway speed between trucks...

Why would it be so hard to have the TPMS show each tires pressures and when one of them gets below the threshold pop up on the 17 inch screen.
It does exactly this already, except that it pops it up on the driver's display instead of the 17 inch screen. (ever since 7.0)
Now there's some discussion about the threshold that they've set, and whether or not it's sensitive enough, but that's a different discussion.