Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S Autopilot Suggestion: I would like a SINGLE BEEP alert (that is not counted as 1 of the 3 that shutdown Autopilot until you stop and turn off the car). When I drive a) I keep my hands on the wheel at all times and b) I fully concentrate on the roadway around the car. The "keep hands on wheel" message and then the blinking light ring MAY NOT get my attention. But a single BEEP would! This small mod would help immensely and especially in the construction areas where the alerts can come every 15 seconds.
I agree wholeheartedly. I pay attention to the ROAD and other DRIVERS and occasionally catch the white flashing border out of the corner of my eve. I have hands on the wheel but not in just the right way so torque was sensed. A single 'beep' tone would be very helpful without being annoying IMO.

Reactions: iboy and BozieBeMe2
Could the MS MCU contain a basic notepad app linked to the cars voice commands? After a phone call there are often various things to follow up on or remember. It could be used for a list of things needed at the store or the name of a song. For those of us who constantly keep notes a note app would be very helpful since the MS doors don’t have side pockets (where I used to keep my tablet).

Reactions: 007ak
Anyone a idea if or when an option will come to change the load amps from within the app? It really sucks to change it by running to the car all the time.
I´d like to use as much pv-power but my system is not able to change the rate by itself. I can change it in the car, why the hell not in my app?

Could the MS MCU contain a basic notepad app linked to the cars voice commands? After a phone call there are often various things to follow up on or remember. It could be used for a list of things needed at the store or the name of a song. For those of us who constantly keep notes a note app would be very helpful since the MS doors don’t have side pockets (where I used to keep my tablet).

+1

I have literally used the Paint easter egg and taken a photo of the notes with my phone and emailed to myself.
A smarter way of doing this would be excellent.

I would like to see AP in different functional levels. Kind of like software license levels. A basic AP that comes standard but only includes lane keeping, auto lane change on interstates, and TACC functions. Then an 'advanced version' that has everything.
Oh goody, then we can buy it as a subscription service.... Wait, no. Let's not do that at all.

• Funny
Reactions: evp and pilotSteve
I'd like to be able to:

1) Pause Navigation
2) Use voice commands to have my text or email messages read to me and to respond via voice-to-text.
3) Stream movies for my passenger on the lower half of the Model S Center Screen
4) Set a shutoff time for charging in case my charge rate isn't high enough to reach a % or mileage charge
5) Set a % charge instead of mileage
6) Be able to reroute airflow to ducts other than on the dash when it HEPA filter mode
7) Seatbelt door panel anchor point adjustment, so it won't cut into my neck
8) auto-dimming rear view mirrors
9) auto-park into my garage, i.e., back up or drive straight forward into garage bay and stop at pre-assigned position

More to come.. Have only had our S100D for one week.

Be able to change whats displayed on the touchscreen from the steering wheel buttons (i.e. Nav / Music / Camera / etc)
Separate Dim control for front display and touchscreen display
Separate front / rear A/C controls
Separate fan speeds for driver / passenger climate system
Control windows from phone app
Front /rear camera dashcam option
Manual AP lane position adjustment (center / left / right)

What features would you like Tesla to add in future versions of the firmware?

One minor feature I'd like to see is for the Model S to recognize via GPS when I'm close to home or any other location where I have a HomeLink signal saved and bring up the window on the 17" screen to open the garage door.
Simply want car to speed up/slow down in TACC like it does when AP is engaged - makes sense and far safer.

I'd like to be able to:

1) Pause Navigation
2) Use voice commands to have my text or email messages read to me and to respond via voice-to-text.
3) Stream movies for my passenger on the lower half of the Model S Center Screen
4) Set a shutoff time for charging in case my charge rate isn't high enough to reach a % or mileage charge
5) Set a % charge instead of mileage
6) Be able to reroute airflow to ducts other than on the dash when it HEPA filter mode
7) Seatbelt door panel anchor point adjustment, so it won't cut into my neck
8) auto-dimming rear view mirrors
9) auto-park into my garage, i.e., back up or drive straight forward into garage bay and stop at pre-assigned position

More to come.. Have only had our S100D for one week.

Puzzled by your number 5. I have always set my charge limit by % so don't see why you can't or don't simply change your setting to do so.
And my car has #8 as well -- maybe it was an option? I thought that was standard equipment. (It is listed as standard equipment on the current spec sheet for new Model S, but not sure if it was ever an option.)
#9 is part of the Summon features which I think comes with having paid for AP. Again, mine has always had it so I have probably lost track of what operational feature is associated with what option package. Sounds as if you did not purchase AP.

Puzzled by your number 5. I have always set my charge limit by % so don't see why you can't or don't simply change your setting to do so.
And my car has #8 as well -- maybe it was an option? I thought that was standard equipment. (It is listed as standard equipment on the current spec sheet for new Model S, but not sure if it was ever an option.)
#9 is part of the Summon features which I think comes with having paid for AP. Again, mine has always had it so I have probably lost track of what operational feature is associated with what option package. Sounds as if you did not purchase AP.

Hi David,
Thanks for your comments.

I didn't know how to setup % charge, just in mileage units, i.e., unless I use the "Remote S" iPhone App. The onboard monitor's "charging" screen only provides the charging units in miles. However, thanks to your comment, I realized that you can change the charging units under Driver Profile.

I also hadn't seen the short blurb in the users manual that says the rear view mirror is auto-dimming by default, i.e., there's no ability to override, something I was accustomed to having in other vehicles I've owned.

I didn't phrase my point accurately on #9. I'd like to have the ability to stay seated in my vehicle while it automatically, using either "summon" or "auto park" reverse drives into my garage.

Reactions: David29
Hi David,
Thanks for your comments.

I didn't know how to setup % charge, just in mileage units, i.e., unless I use the "Remote S" iPhone App. The onboard monitor's "charging" screen only provides the charging units in miles. However, thanks to your comment, I realized that you can change the charging units under Driver Profile.

I also hadn't seen the short blurb in the users manual that says the rear view mirror is auto-dimming by default, i.e., there's no ability to override, something I was accustomed to having in other vehicles I've owned.

I didn't phrase my point accurately on #9. I'd like to have the ability to stay seated in my vehicle while it automatically, using either "summon" or "auto park" reverse drives into my garage.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I do have AP2.

• Informative
Reactions: David29