Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well mine was upgraded to v2018.50.6 in an effort to fix my screen rebooting almost every time i go out and spotify permanently loading my screen still randomly reboots (i will be talking with them tomorrow its still got 6 months warranty left and i dont want to be paying for a new one if it fails)
but man o man have they f***ed up spotify it plays random tracks from bands i have never head from and if you do manage to select an album to play after the car shuts down and powered back up a totally random album is playing with no input from me.

and as for the easter eggs if they have time to f**k arround with that then they have ample time to fix real issues...

• Love
Reactions: David29 and neroden
Tesla's computer software team seems to enjoy wasting their time on stupid easter eggs, while refusing to fix basic funcationality like USB music.

They're basically a bunch of time-wasters collecting salary from stockholders in order to do no work. Really gross. Second-worst problem at Tesla, after the communications.

First time posting on this forum. Thanks for starting this forum. Apologies if the below suggestion has been posted before as I couldn't validate due to the sheer number of posts and similar sounding suggestions like mine below...

"An option to prepare or warm up the battery/car before start of a journey when it is plugged to the Wall charger."
- This option is not about warming up the climate controls/seats for the driver and passengers but the car itself. I have noticed that when it is cold, it uses some energy to "wake/warm up" the battery and therefore results in loss of range. If this could be done upfront before the journey begins, when the car is still plugged into the wall charger then this will not reduce the range.

Happy to inform that Tesla has actually implement this suggestion now!!

Tesla launches new Supercharger with 1,000 mph charging, better efficiency, and more

Reactions: EdA
Apologies if this has been requested before.

- A function that disables seatbelt warnings for seats that don't have registered weight once driving has started.
When I have people in the back seat they often want to look at the screen or get a better view out the front window, so they put their hand on the center seat which constantly causes the seatbelt warning to go off. If there wasn't anyone sitting there when I started driving then there won't be anyone in that seat for the duration of my drive.

- The ability to turn on filtering of my recent call list. If the 5 last calls I made were to my girlfriend I don't need here number showing up 5 times in a row so that I have to scroll down past them to get to a friends number.

- The ability to disable autoplay when it connects to my phone (android). It's incredibly annoying that it auto-plays whatever was the last media playing on my phone.

- For the app it would be nice with Android widget support for things like turning climate control on/off. During winter I use it several times per day, and it would be nice not having to load the app every time.

Reactions: Bigtanuki
- The ability to turn on filtering of my recent call list. If the 5 last calls I made were to my girlfriend I don't need here number showing up 5 times in a row so that I have to scroll down past them to get to a friends number.
Yes, that would be an issue if your wife was sitting in the car;)

A friend of mine had a good idea this weekend.. we were parking in a crowded parking lot at a restaurant, so we had to park far away from the door.. but as we walked up, two or three much closer spots opened up.

He suggested that while we're in having dinner, every 15 minutes or so, the car should drive around the lot looking for a better/closed spot, and then repark itself there. Yes, yes, I know that "advanced summon" should just bring the car to you from wherever it is parked, but the closer it is, the quicker it will get to you, and/or the less you need to walk back out to it.

• Funny
Reactions: Hbrink
A friend of mine had a good idea this weekend.. we were parking in a crowded parking lot at a restaurant, so we had to park far away from the door.. but as we walked up, two or three much closer spots opened up.

He suggested that while we're in having dinner, every 15 minutes or so, the car should drive around the lot looking for a better/closed spot, and then repark itself there. Yes, yes, I know that "advanced summon" should just bring the car to you from wherever it is parked, but the closer it is, the quicker it will get to you, and/or the less you need to walk back out to it.

But what if it moves and then the only open spot is further away? What if the lot is then full?

I practice "defensive parking" to avoid getting door slammed, so I tend to park in the most distant part of a parking lot and just walk the extra distance. I don't really get the point of trying to park as close as possible to the entrance unless it is raining or snowing -- I'd rather get some exercise, little though it is.

would like to see the same small icon on the model s screen, just like on the model 3 - looks something like this * on the top left of the screen - that instantly brings up the rear camera view. with the model s you have to bring up another menu and then select the camera.
Found this nugget on one of the boards. If you just flick up from the menu icon at the bottom of the screen, the last thing that was up comes up. Since I use the backup camera most often that is what pops up. Very quick and easy.

I have two requests:
1. Under 'Speed Limit' you have two options, relative and absolute. However, relative is a fixed amount. Say I set it at +7 mph, that's fine in a 70 mph zone, but excessive in a 30 mph zone and may be dangerous, or might get me a speeding ticket. They could offer a Percentage option. For example, I would set it at +10%. So, in a 30 mph zone it would set me for 33 mph, in a 70 zone, set me at 77, etc.

2. In the model S, the compass changes position depending on whether I am navigating or not. It's usually in the upper R of the touch screen, but goes away if I choose a navigation destination. I would like to have the option of choosing one place on the behind the wheel dashboard where the compass is always in the same position. Then I wouldn't have to search for it.

Reactions: Bigtanuki
1. Under 'Speed Limit' you have two options, relative and absolute. However, relative is a fixed amount. Say I set it at +7 mph, that's fine in a 70 mph zone, but excessive in a 30 mph zone and may be dangerous, or might get me a speeding ticket. They could offer a Percentage option. For example, I would set it at +10%. So, in a 30 mph zone it would set me for 33 mph, in a 70 zone, set me at 77, etc.
Although I'll admit to using the same "logic" myself, I can't honestly construct any rational argument for the "acceptable" amount by which one can/should exceed the speed limit being a fraction of the posted limit. Surely no one would say with a straight face that highway departments consistently understate the "proper" speed by a fixed %.