Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been searching the forums and came across this on another thread:

"old mcu1 should be able to handle with no problems youtube and netflix, according to tegra3 specs

extract from Tegra - Wikipedia

Tegra 3 is the first Tegra release to support ARM's SIMD extension, NEON.

The GPU in Tegra 3 is an evolution of the Tegra 2 GPU, with 4 additional pixel shader units and higher clock frequency. It can also output video up to 2560×1600 resolution and supports 1080p MPEG-4 AVC/h.264 40 Mbit/s High-Profile, VC1-AP, and simpler forms of MPEG-4 such as DivX and Xvid.[30]

The Tegra 3 was released on November 9, 2011.[31]"

So maybe even us GEN 1 MCUs can binge watch an episode on Netflix while supercharging!

1) The ability to enter a Charge % number instead of the scroll bar.
2) The ability to completely schedule your charge times. In my case start at 11PM Monday -Friday. Stop at 7 AM Monday-Friday. Stop at 3PM Saturday and Sunday and Start at 7PM Saturday and Sunday. (BTW- you can do this in a Prius!)
3) Trickle charging during allowed charge periods to make up for parasitic losses.

Here, here! Hyundai and Kia also allow setting "off-peak" times for M-F and separately for weekends/holidays. If "charge during off-peak only" is selected, just plug 'er in and go to bed. She won't start charging until it's off-peak, and she'll stop when it's no longer off-peak. All California homeowners are being forced onto Time of Use (TOU) utility plans; during the week the lowest rates are in the middle of the night. e.g: in summer, SDG&E "super off peak" is weekdays midnight to 6:00 am. You can program a Model S to START at midnight, but you can't program it to stop at 6:00am, so you either have to guess what SOC it will reach by 6:00 am, or set an alarm for 6:00 am, open the phone app and stop charging (after 6:00 am the rate increase from 9 cents to 29 cents/kWh!). Folks with wall chargers can probably fill 'er up in less than 6 hours, but for those of us using slower circuits can't. Also, super off peak times are different on weekends/holidays, so the ability to enter 2 sets of times is essential (and thoughtfully included on Hyundai products). If only Tesla were located in California, they'd understand.

This isn't so much a "feature request" as it is a "bug fix" IMO. When you use the steering wheel scroll wheel to manually change the fan speed, then push the scroll wheel to reset to "Auto" the screen still shows "Manual" under the fan icon. Previously it changed the entire system back to "Auto" but now, pushing the scroll wheel changes the fan speed back to Auto, but not the temperature... or something like that, because it still says "Manual" on the screen. Hey Elon, please fix....

I would like to have the option to reverse break force ratio front/back when backing downhill on snow or ice. Or automatic adjustment of break force ratio according to weight distribution. Backing downhill is something I have to do when going to a mountain cabin that has an awkward parking space. The S becomes almost unmanageable when trying to back downhill and turn into the parking space because the break force on the front wheels is far too high. The front swirls all over the place. Anyone else experienced this problem?

I personally feel, fan speed, temperature and volume should be analog knobs not a digital touch screen operation. These are the three things people use often and most of the time change as soon as you enter the car. with digital operation you look for screens and fumble and it is a pain to adjust when driving.

As for charging there should only 3 options for selecting, charge only during non peak, or non peak and partial peak or any time. Since the car knows where it is we should not be telling it the times when it can charge or not. Added bonus, we should be able to set the charge current like we have now or have the option to specify charge till xxAM/PM and it sets the charge current profile that is best for the battery for that duration of time.

Navigation niggles (in fact mostly restore functionality removed by updates) wishlist, please:

• "Fix North Up" option so the map doesnt rotate whenever you pinch zoom. V7 software had an extra mode that would keep N fixed.
  • Fix the color of dark red very slow traffic which is difficult to see in Night mode against the dark background. Used to be better in the old maps
  • Make the traffic more visible on the blue line when a route is selected.Used to be better in the old maps.
  • Show roads closed (due to accident/roadworks etc); previoulsy when we had green lines for normal traffic you could spot a road closed if there was no traffic therefore no greeen line, now you have no information. On the odd occasion when you get caught out, this is a significant retrograde step.

Hi all, me and my wife like to travel sometimes from a to b not using the highways. I brought us to amazing places. We use to do this with our TomTom navigation system. As far I know this is not possible with google maps in our S.
Or is it, anybody knows how?

thanks,
Tony Bakker
Owner of a brand new Red Tesla S

Numerous Bluetooth bugs too. Like today, it’s showing connected with my phone. My wife makes a call on her iPhone, dailed from her phone and using the iPhone’s transducers. But the car music playback stops and the right scroll wheel can control her call. But it’s a call on her iPhone. The whole time it’s saying connected to my phone. WTF? And don’t even get me started on Spotify.