Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah they did have to pay out or have been ordered to do so via the court actually but if you're that interested in it look it up yourself. It's not my job to provide you proof if you're that interested in the facts seek them out for yourself. If you were as knowledgeable as you would have us believe you would already know about these things.
Ordered and paid to different things. Wanna bet they will appeal the court decision?

Ordered and paid to different things. Wanna bet they will appeal the court decision?

Of course I'm sure they'll appeal that's how things generally work on my planet no surprise there. However the fact that the case existed and they have actually been ordered to pay and there are other cases that have been brought dealing with the same issue would indicate that in fact there is an issue. It's painfully obvious as well to those of us who have the cars that are affected.

Seeing however that Tesla themselves has admitted reducing the performance and capabilities of the cars it's probably not likely that they are going to win such an appeal but they probably will try it. I guess only time will tell.

I wonder how many people actually affected vs people doing 50-90 charging and then claim their charging speeds have been nerfed. Or cold battery charging or any other possible scenario. All I see is a lot of speculation online against Tesla.

Don't know. As I explained I topped up 50_90% because I needed the range due to wildfire road closures that day.

But as a separate issue I have an affected car whose vmax and charging speeds have been reduced such that time on the plug at superchargers has basically doubled no matter the state of charge upon arrival. With the corresponding range reduction of approximately 13/15 miles.

I'm not sure why you seem to have a particular fixation on the whole 50% to 90% thing. That is commonly understood by everybody that has a Tesla or basically any electric car that the top end of the battery charging rates are slowed as the battery reaches capacity. However for those cars affected by the changes made via software update by Tesla the charge rates have been reduced across the entire charging spectrum my charge rates are lower whether I plug in at 10% state of charge or if I plug in at 60% state of charge if you had a vehicle that was so affected you might have a better understanding of what has happened. However none of this has any bearing on my original point that I posted at the beginning of this thread is that I would just like the clock algorithms that report to you the remaining time and or time to charge completion would be made to represent time in this solar system. As opposed to just some arbitrary number that's thrown up there that is generally off by 100 to 130%.

Last edited:
Are you telling me there were no way for you to charge later in the day at lower SOC to your 40% range increase with faster speeds? And not waste an hour at the charger for no reason?
Although it’s getting better, there are lots of trips like this in Canada. Going to 90 (or more) on a supercharger is MUCH faster than a slow L2 or especially an L1.

On a cold, snowy and windy day, my S100d can see range cut to 200kms (120 miles) even at 90kms (55mph).

With a trailer, range on our X is drastically cut too.

We camp at a lake that needs about a 95% charge to easily get to I’d rather just charge once.

There are lots of situations where charging above 80% makes sense. It’s just that none are common or routine.

My S has the same issue, BTW.

Reactions: tccartier
I've found for my 85kWh battery and the 100kWh battery that the estimated time to finish charging up to 90% is reasonably accurate.

Above 90%, not accurate at all.

Mine is relatively close as well when on level 2 equipment. But when supercharging it's not in the least bit accurate when comparing the estimated time to completion displayed within a minute or two after plug-in compared to actual clock time to completion.

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteWi
I’d like to see added to the software the following -

1 - Seat Symmetry; the ability to have the passenger seat mirror the drivers seat with the touch of a button.

2 - Car wash mode. Configure various items to support washing the car. Door handles out, air suspension raised, wipers in x position, etc etc. Make washing the car easier!

Reactions: Art VandeIay
Tesla agreed to pay $1.5 million to settle claims that one of the company’s over-the-air software updates temporarily limited maximum battery charging capacity and range in 1,743 Model S sedans.
“Tesla agreed to pay $1.5 million to settle claims that one of the company’s over-the-air software updates temporarily limited maximum battery charging capacity and range in 1,743 Model S sedans.”

Read the key words “Temporarily limited” and total of affected cars are whooping “1743”.

Dear Tesla,

Could you please give us an option to automatically disable auto-dimming mirrors at our home location. Also, can you please give us the option to disable auto-presenting handles at home. I’ve now confirmed that every time I walk into the kitchen with my phone in my pocket, my car unlocks/wakes up in the garage right below the kitchen. Grrrr!!

Reactions: Zaker89