Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a test car at Hawthorne today - it was testing ACC.

There was a sign on the dash saying'this car is testing ACC. Do not use cruise control unless you are developing or testing ACC.

It had front and rear cameras as well as cameras looking ou of each rear quarter window. There was also what looked like a radar unit directly below the rear view mirror. And A big computer in the trunk with 6 CAN busses labelled in the trunk.

Interesting!

This is a distinctly first-world problem, but everytime I pull into my office parking lot, I have to roll down my window to swipe my tag on the RF reader. Problem is, more times than not I roll down the rear window, so my suggestion is a geofenced option to rolldown the drivers window when inside that (tight) geofence, and the car is stationery.

It would be cool if they added a feature for the GPS that would predict if the car would make it to the destination or not. It should show you a few options. One adding your driving style, another showing if the car can make it without your driving style taken into effect, and then the last is if you cannot make it, it will search for the most convenient charging station and altneratives as well.

Saw a test car at Hawthorne today - it was testing ACC.

There was a sign on the dash saying'this car is testing ACC. Do not use cruise control unless you are developing or testing ACC.

It had front and rear cameras as well as cameras looking ou of each rear quarter window. There was also what looked like a radar unit directly below the rear view mirror. And A big computer in the trunk with 6 CAN busses labelled in the trunk.

Interesting!

As much as I want this, and know that it is probably imminent, I must demand: "pics or it didn't happen"

Now that I'm on 4.9:
The fonts used for the odometer and date/tiime row on the dash need to be smaller. Pre-4.9 were OK for me, but I can understand the complaints that they were too small. Now they are way too big. Find a size about 1/2 way between old and new, and make sure that it matches other font sizes on the dash, and it should be good.

Mentioned previously:
Random button for the audio player (USB)... I rarely listen to a particular artist or album, and normally use random. Since getting the car nearly 10.5 months ago, I've listened to music from the USB perhaps 4 times (2 of which were on drives outside 3G area...)

Lower priority, but I'd like to see the Nav screen compass relocated. Currently, its in the bottom left of the screen when just displaying a map. If a route is in, it moves over to the right a bit and just looks out of place. A solution would be to move it to the bottom right corner -- the sat images and traffic buttons could be moved up to give it a permanent spot...

Overall, very happy with 5.9. Fantastic.

If I had a wish, it would be to refresh some of the UI. Drop the skeuomorphic chrome. The Tesla software's chrome has looked dated ever since iOS 7 came out. And the top row of icons... one looks like spreadsheet!

Obligatory wish for the scroll wheel direction to be optionally in the 'natural' scrolling direction. I'm always rolling them backwards :)

The fonts used for the odometer and date/tiime row on the dash need to be smaller. Pre-4.9 were OK for me, but I can understand the complaints that they were too small. Now they are way too big. Find a size about 1/2 way between old and new, and make sure that it matches other font sizes on the dash, and it should be good.

And just to chime in, I like the new larger font size. It makes those items MUCH easier to read compared to the previous firmware version. I don't know how old you are, but once you hit your 40's, small font sizes get harder and harder to read.. even WITH reading glasses.

ACC pics, last shows the message on the dashboard, the first picture shows the logitech camera out of the rear quarter window, also the windshield with the camera and other detector:

photo ACC2.JPG

photoACC 3.JPG

photoaCC1.JPG

I'd also like one-touch air recirculation - most cars with normal buttons have this option, and there's many times where it's needed in a hurry.

I would, too, but I have figured out a one-touch work around for when you need it quick - just turn off the system. It closes the exterior air intake when you do. Then once you're past the smelly truck or whatever, turn it back on. All directly accessible with one touch from the main UI.

And just to chime in, I like the new larger font size. It makes those items MUCH easier to read compared to the previous firmware version. I don't know how old you are, but once you hit your 40's, small font sizes get harder and harder to read.. even WITH reading glasses.

Well... I am in my 40s...

Most of my request is to match the font sizes to others used on the dash. 5.9's don't match -- and are larger than all other text except the speed and rated/ideal mileage numbers. I haven't heard complaints that the trip meter labels are hard to read -- so make these the same size and weight as those...

Well... I am in my 40s...

Most of my request is to match the font sizes to others used on the dash. 5.9's don't match -- and are larger than all other text except the speed and rated/ideal mileage numbers. I haven't heard complaints that the trip meter labels are hard to read -- so make these the same size and weight as those...

I'm in my early 40's as well, and prefer the smaller fonts. Option for large/small font sizes throughout the GUI please. Just like on maps.