Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Believe the user, without putting words in their post, is referring to the trips "widget" (lack of a better word) on the instrument cluster behind the yoke. You used to be able to customize both sides of the instrument cluster and that is entirely gone with the refreshed Model S.
And it's gone on the Model X too. They need to bring it back.

1) Valet mode issue: it seems I can enter and exit Valet mode on my app quite easily. But inside the Tesla, I can only enter the Valet mode, but not exit. Yes it will prompt me to enter the pin I set on my app, but nothing happens. This is still the case for 2022.8.3. Not a big item but I can see how it could be an issue in corner cases (forgot phone, etc.)

2) Has anyone gotten iMessage to show up on their Tesla? I have my iPhone connected and while the big screen tells me "New Message will show up" but I haven't seen any new messages in my Tesla yet.

well i just got 2022.12.3 (MS Perf with portrait screen)

and honestly I am gobsmacked at the unholy mess that v11 still is >3months later.
I really dont know what is up with the UI team but honestly it feels like they totally lost the plot.

Just as an example - "new feature" you can add rear/front demister etc. icons to the bottom taskbar
so - I press the elipsis for the additional controls - no HVAC buttons visible - however long press on an icon you dont want and whoah another panel appears with the controls. It would almost be funny ... if it wasn't.

In the meantime with temps sync'd (driver only) you still get a 2 icon useless blank space on the passenger side.
THe HVAC still has the dumb micro sized heated screen icons and fonts and the dumb double panel mess.
Still has the (utterly useless recently used icons that you cant disable to fix your preferred layout.
Map still has almost invisibly dark red very slow traffic in dark mode
Media controls are a mess.
Dashcam clips take an eternity to list
and on and on and on

Some of this UI stuff is so poor it could easily be argued to be distracting and dangerous
Map colour scheme so flat grey that it can be difficult to make out details
Some windows you have to 'X' to close; others you have to swipe down
inconsistencies everywhere

and we get no option to roll back either.

I love my Tesla(s) but ...

/rant

I drove a MS P90D for 4 days and I have to say I don't mind the old interface at all. Particularly the fact that I can set 2 separate items on the driver display.

Give. Us. The. Energy. App. Back!

Also, as used to as I am with the yoke, I have to say, if I have a choice, I'd choose the old round steering wheel. It makes one hand (either hand) driving so much easier.

1) Valet mode issue: it seems I can enter and exit Valet mode on my app quite easily. But inside the Tesla, I can only enter the Valet mode, but not exit. Yes it will prompt me to enter the pin I set on my app, but nothing happens. This is still the case for 2022.8.3. Not a big item but I can see how it could be an issue in corner cases (forgot phone, etc.)

2) Has anyone gotten iMessage to show up on their Tesla? I have my iPhone connected and while the big screen tells me "New Message will show up" but I haven't seen any new messages in my Tesla yet.

iMessages on the big screen seem to work ok, but the toggle to turn them on in Bluetooth seems to turn itself off sporadically (maybe after updates?). It takes a while for me to notice it and then I have to turn them on again.

Where I live there are a lot of 2 lane high speed highways, sometimes with heavy traffic including large trucks. These highways also tend to have more than their fair share of head on crashes so, when on Autopilot, I'd like to be able to "fudge" over to the right about 6-12 inches or so instead of staying center lane all the time. To me, this would be more important in curves than on the straight away, but would be nice to have all the time......user adjustable. Many of the big trucks take up almost their whole lane and many times go onto or over the center line into oncoming traffic. Because of the Autopilot lane centering, I've noticed a lot of oncoming folks moving to their right and I'd like to do the same to get more space between us.

Sort of related... in construction zones where there are concrete barriers right on the left line of the fast lane, a human driver will tend to stay toward the right side of the lane to put more distance between the car and the barriers. The Tesla AP does not do this and in fact on curves can get way too close to the barriers, so if they infringe on the lane, the car could actually brush against them. This happened to me once on the 10 a couple years ago and it was really scary although all it did was put a big dig in the wheel rim. Many other things have improved over the years since then, such as the lane splits and merges behaviors, but not this one.

Reactions: Drehrlenmeyer
I just took delivery of a 2018 and I'm stunned that the car will not open Pandora on an Andriod phone automatically. My old Chevy can do this, why not a Tesla??
Pandora is losing favor- Spotify has taken a lot of that business. Pandora is old school and Tesla is new school. You can do Spotify for free or paid- give it a trial and see if you like it. It is integrated into the tesla interface so makes it easier than messing with your phone.

Pandora is losing favor- Spotify has taken a lot of that business.

Hardly. And clearly this is just your own opinion. I tried Spotify for several months, and I found on the Spotify 'Radio Stations' it would repeat the same songs in a very tight 'genra' every couple of days, and in the same order! With Pandora, I really never know what's going to play next, and it wanders around much more liberally exposing me to new music I wouldn't have heard otherwise. I dropped my Spotify account and went back to Pandora. Now I use Pandora and XM radio app.

• Informative
Reactions: thegruf